This Scares The Big Jesus Out Of Me

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Red Thunder, Jan 11, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Horrible!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Terrifying, that was. And the car driver gets 16 months only and a 3 year ban !!!

5 yrs and a 10 yr ban more like.

• Agree Agree x 11
  4. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Well hopefully the bikers mates gave the twat a good pasting first. :mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I got that sent to me yesterday as it happens. It’s a road I ride quite often since it was resurfaced for the tour de Yorkshire, it used to be horrible but it’s great now, Mortimer Road about a quarter mile prior to the junction with the A57 on the outskirts of Sheffield.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    It probably helped that he was up on the front wheel at the point of impact which meant he was less likely to get caught up with the handlebars. Bloody nasty.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I agree , having had mates who crashed into various vehicles and stationery objects , who were badly injured , smashed pelvis , hip joints etc.
    His broken back is the most awful :neutral::eyes::skull:
    They were all injuries suffered when tank and handle bars interrupted their fall off the front :no_mouth::skull:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I ride that road quite a lot too, maybe ten times a year and sometimes pop down to the School Rooms cafe for breakfast or a sandwich and ice cream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    Truly horrible :confounded:

Ride like everyone’s trying to kill you!

Ride safe everyone

best

nick

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Could happen to any one of us at any time!

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. Bryf

Bryf Guest

Horrendous!!! sadly though even riding as you suggest would do nothing when confronted with this situation! there are the too many fucking arseholes like this prick who like to kid themselves they can drive fast but can't control their cars, the fucker should have got a longer sentence!!! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 13
  12. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Live Life like you mean it. Make every moment count.
    Matthew 24:42
    Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day on which your Lord will come.

Don’t think “I’ll do it tomorrow”, because tomorrow may not be in the cards.
    My friend’s wife fell, over Christmas, and hit her head, fracturing C5 in her neck. Not realizing it, she brushed it off, like the trooper she is. Then a few days later, she can’t move. Now after three emergency operations, she is starting to get feeling back in one leg.
    We are fragile lambs, living only by the grace of our God. Don’t waste it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    The best action looks to be to try and ride into the field, but not sure how many of us could react and do that in the moment, especially as it would mean coming off the front brake.

• Agree Agree x 9
  14. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Not me for sure!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Steve JAMES

Steve JAMES New Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Recent example in my area, guy on a mates Harley took out a V-strom 2 up on a corner when going wide. Fortunately no major injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Shocking !!!

17. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    This tragic accident may be attributed to You-tube, the car driver has multiple cameras in his car, plus he appears to have a camera equipped chase car also. Coincidence I think not. He's out there driving like a fool, to profit from a You-tube. Of course You-tube, Facebook etc are all raking in tons of money for this kind of shit, but are held harmless as they don't screen, or ban anything, or have any moral standards, apparently. Both the biker and the driver may have unfortunately "target fixated" but it happened very quickly. Target fixation needs to be an essential training exercise for everyone. Look it up, learn, and exercise your brain. End of rant because I care about you all.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    We can't blame social media for all our ills. The guy was a 41 year old man ffs so I think this can pinned on his chest alone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Pratt by name, you know the rest:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I know that bend very well, it's at the end of a long straight. Narrow road but good surface before the bend then crap surface on the bend and beyond. It's about 90^ left hander and gently slopes down from the apex (in the direction the car was going). It's a blind bend. If you know the bend, you slow down. If you don't know the bend, you slow down. Anything else and you are a firkin canute.

• Agree Agree x 5