This made me laugh

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 23, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Completely agree with you Andy about Wiki - the problem I have is that most Brits don't really know (and have never experienced) what happened.

Did anyone know for example the General De Gaulle led a division of poxy French tanks against a division of German Tigers - and whipped their arses !!!

Yes it was Oradour-sur-Glane Andy. And the saddest bit of all about that was the supposedly clever German SS actually wiped-out the wrong village!! They were tasked with eliminating the Resistence in Oradour sur Vauvre. They were in full panic retreat after the Normandy landings.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    So true it’s not even funny. The cause of more electrical breakdowns than dodgy Ducati wiring.

3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Sheep rape crisis
    FB_IMG_1515920353258.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    Only if there's no sheep handy!!!

Yes......that's just one more baa-aad joke!!!

:imp:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Little Ade ain’t no stranger!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Too true about the old eyeties when I used to go to the TT back in the early 80s on my Guzzi LeMans my old late great Norton riding mate Mel used to love telling a bar full of bikers that Guzzis were made out of old melted down unused Italian medals !

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #3387 GaleForceEight, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    The entire French army operations were crippled by a fire at a small factory just outside Paris. Apparently it was the only factory n France that manufactured white flags.....

The reason why the new French Navy has commissioned a number of glass bottomed warships is less to do with magnetic mines or advanced composites than it is about the ability to look down and see the old French Navy.....

A veteran is returning to France for the first time since the war. When asked to present his passport he starts fumbling through his bag for it. The douanier is upset at the queue forming and frustratedly asks
    “Have you not been to France before?”
    “Only once” the elderly gentleman replies.
    “Then you should know you have to have your passport ready to present when you come to France!”
    The old boy frowns.
    “The last time I came to France in 1944, there were no bloody Frenchmen around to show the damned thing to because the beaches were full of Germans!”

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    Just remember, we abandoned France at the start of the war. That's what led to the evacuation of Dunkirk.

Through many military mistakes, outdated tactics, supply issues and distrust between the army and politicians, on both Britain and Frances part, the Germans were able to get the upper hand.
    Britain, being the great power we are, decided to turn tail and run, leaving the French to it.
    The French, instead of being the surrender monkeys that we like to portray them as, held the Germans off so we could run away, and lost a heck of a lot of men in the process.
    Don't let prejudice get in the way of facts.

On that note, and seeing as it's the funny page:

Make-your-Own-French-Flag.jpg

• Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love You x 1
  9. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Us English made a few bloomers as well, here's just a couple of them .:p

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    upload_2018-1-16_8-55-26.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Umm.... the French concentrated on the Maginot line - fixed fortifications along their northern border, which the Germans went around by passing through Belgium. Dunkirk was about saving as much of the army as possible in order to carry on fighting and ultimately retake France for the French, not about deserting them. There was great sacrifice from our lads as well in order to achieve this.

Just sayin’!

The meeting of NATO admirals in Paris a while back had the French admiral insisting on the meeting being held in French and translated out to anyone who needed. After all “French used to be the international language of diplomacy!”.
    The American admiral who was there puts his hand on the Frenchman’s shoulder and says...
    “We’re going to have this meeting in English, because about 70 years ago the Brits, Yanks, Canadians, and Aussies all got together and made sure that you didn’t have to be having the meeting in German...”
    (No disrespect intended to the brave men from all nations on both sides who fought because yet again the politicians failed to do their jobs right)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Well said Mr GF8, I do believe the BEF had horrendous casualties, so hardly "Britain, being the great power we are, decided to turn tail and run, leaving the French to it." as previously posted. All a long time ago, but none the less poignant as my father suffered injury on said beaches as a young 18 year old!

13. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Should be "snail eating, brexit fleecing";);)

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Its a bit like the Italians netting and eating migrating songbirds...... WTF is that all about.
    Carry on like this DD and will offend most Europeans!;);):p

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh

Yes, and my point was, it's all about perspective. I used deliberately strong language to show the British in a bad light, as it could be seen from the French (which is what a lot of them at the time saw it as).

16. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne

Right chaps that's quite enough this is a Joke thread (and that includes ones in questionable taste)

Ron its time to start a new thread concerning 'historical inaccuracies of history and the biased views of misguided citizens'

Now there's one to get the pulses racing what !

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    upload_2018-1-16_12-50-20.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    With so many legless frogs i can see this taking off
    upload_2018-1-16_12-51-20.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Is that the 'Werefrog' in the lead ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    The free French army have all got new uniforms the first time out on parade one of the general's noticed that they had put the new uniforms on back to front.
    So he asked the Sargent why had the men got their uniforms on back to front and the Sargent replied It's so the enemy think we are attacking and not running away.
    Tucker

• Funny Funny x 4