This can't be true

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by crispey, Apr 8, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I insured my bike with Bennetts last year for my Thruxton, £250 ish, no ncb, I was happy with it,
    my renewal notice came through the post............. £960.[​IMG] What did I do? I phoned them up and told them a few things, The person pointed out that policies can go up in a year but said it did seem a bit (BIT?) high. they said someone would phone me tomorrow and try to reduce it. I know what crash helmets are for now [​IMG] as I feel there will be a lot of that going on.

2. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    cheers guys I will do that tomorrow probably. only got the letter this arfternoon!

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    +1, then + another 1

• Like Like x 1
  4. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    I went with Bennets and had the same issue huge renewal price ,then went with Hastings ,good renewal price year on year with loads of cover ,well worth a look

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I've just insured my Chinese shit( that's on another thread here) for £77 tpft with no ncd from Bennetts WTF???

6. kevin5952

kevin5952 New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    EXETER
    I,ve just insured my new 2003 speed triple with saga £70 fully comp !

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup I told them where they could shove their auto renew

• Like Like x 1
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bloody hell that's horrendous! I insured the Bonnie last year through Swinton - just passed test, no no-claims, fully comp. for £85.00. Just insured the Trident for £122.00 with Bennets: no no-claims, fully comp. with breakdown and helmet and clothing cover. Is this finally the one benefit of being an old git?

• Like Like x 3
  9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I am an old git!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    An update on my Insurance. I did the comparison websites and came up with quotes ranging from less than £200 to over £1000! So I picked some of the cheaper quotes and went back to Bennetts and the still couldn't come up with less! I told them about you guys and your bikes and what you were paying and they admitted there must be a big mistake so they are going to put all of yours up!![​IMG], no , seriously folks, their reason was that the underwriters they used before had probably stopped insuring my model [​IMG]so their next best with the ones they used was the over priced £960. I'm going with Hastings, not the cheapest but they seem to have the cover I wanted.

11. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    It seems to be a trend these day's.
    Get a good quote,then over the next couple of years it gradually starts to go up then on to a comparison website,get a good quote........and we're off again:mad:
    It's happened to me a couple of times.
    And they've always got a good excuse as to why it's gone up.

12. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Do we care? If they want to try and rip you off let 'em try. It's so easy to swap companies nowadays.

Dave

• Like Like x 2
  13. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    One company tried to charge me an extra £150 for my Triumph branded Arrow cans.
    As I told the man "I can soon spend my money somewhere else" he didn't seem bothered o_O

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Here we go again!! Insurance up for renewal, renewal docs some through, loads of info missing. phone them up and amend it no probs. Ask if I can up mileage allowance on Tiger and lower on Thruxton, just to 10,000 and 4000 respectively he goes away, comes back after a few mins and tells me if I change the mileage they cant insure me!!
    I say ok insure me but I want cooling off period so I can hunt other options he says fine but I could try ringing back in a few days as they might have changed their mileage limits by then, seemingly they change on an hourly basis!! I get awfully confused and I'm sure its not just my age!!

15. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    This sounds like a lot of Billy Bollox to me.
    What is wrong with these companies?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #16 Havit, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    My insurance came in at 320 euro ( classic insurance ) with Carol Nash . I phones around and gets a quote from alliance for 210 euro with the same extras i have with Nash, so anoyed i phoned Carol Nash , but she wasnt in so i spoke to one of her sales team :D. I told her the crac with the Alliance crowd and she said hold on for a sec, i had a medley of some classical music ( im gessing because its a classic insurance im looking for ) she comes back and says thats ok we will match it and give you a free DNA kit for your bike . :confused:. Now here comes the question ......why wasnt i given that price to start with :rolleyes:. Its madness. I could have paid the high quote and just thought all the dodgy claims have put it up . ( not by me i hasten to add ) So my advice is .. Play one up against the other . The Thieving feckers are as bad as traverlers around here . Happy hunting :D

17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Feeving feckers and Bistids

• Like Like x 3
  18. thebiglad

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    So, anyone on here not believing the line that all insurance companies have integrity and are 100% honest?

• Like Like x 3
  19. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think they adopt the Nixon clause

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Yep, my experience to. Cars, bikes, house all are the same. 1st year low, 2nd year much higher.

Do they think people are thick? I change all my companies every year.