This Also Drives Me Nuts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BonnieCat, Jan 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    We're on Season 2 (series 2 for Andy) already! :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Perhaps that's because most of them are absolute fuckwits ?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Like many have said neither me or the wife watch any of this shite. But it’s not just about watching, you then get it in the papers and on the news....

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    I actually do watch Strictly with my wife as we are both ballroom dancing learners and enjoy the dancing. What we do, however, is record it so we can fast forward through all the trite bollocks and bullshit. It also means that we get through an episode in about 15-20 minutes!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    For true toenail curling television, try tattoo of us, or geordie shore, or the only way is Essex, or.... Where do you stop? It's all shite!

I'll watch a decent film on the box, a bit of quality sci fi if there is any... Documentaries, motoring... But again, not really much telly at all. I record things that I think might be interesting, and watch them when I feel like it (when it's pishing down outside and can't get anything done)

Look at the programmes we used to watch as kids that they have remade. I heard they remade crackerjack, for instance. Can't see how that's going to work nowadays, seeing as the current trend is to have zero competition, and everybody is a winner. The remakes are shite. And the originals weren't much better, why remake them?

But, let's take Doctor Who as an example. Years, ago, a story would last 4 episodes. You had to wait a full week for the next one, and there was always the cliffhanger to get you hungry for it. You could remember what was happening, and were straight back into it the next week.

Nowadays, firstly, the cast are hopeless, none of them can act worth a damn. Secondly, each episode is a full story.. None of the waiting for next week to see what happens. That says to me that the generation it's aimed at has a very short atten...... Oooh... Shiny.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    None of this reality tripe is ever on in this house.

Saturday night viewing is shite especially the bbc :poop:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    No it doesn't. I think the BBC do a good job. You can't beat Radio 4 in the morning..or the evening for that matter. Some great programmes. And that goes for the TV as well. Yes of course there are plenty of programmes (across all channels) that I don't personally like, but the BBC (and sometimes ITV) make some of the best dramas and documentaries going, in fact some of the best TV in the world. Plus their news coverage in also world-class. There are plenty of other countries that would love an institution like the BBC. When I travel abroad I rarely bother to check out the TV, partly because it's infested with advertising. Take away the licence and that's what we'll get. I think it's worth paying for...and I thank you for your contribution :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    No it doesn't. I think the BBC do a good job. You can't beat Radio 4 in the morning..or the evening for that matter. Some great programmes. And that goes for the TV as well. Yes of course there are plenty of programmes (across all channels) that I don't personally like, but the BBC (and sometimes ITV) make some of the best dramas and documentaries going, in fact some of the best TV in the world. Plus their news coverage in also world-class. There are plenty of other countries that would love an institution like the BBC. When I travel abroad I rarely bother to check out the TV, partly because it's infested with advertising. Take away the licence and that's what we'll get. I think it's worth paying for...and I thank you for your contribution :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'd offer to pay yours but I'm in the middle of having the whole roof replaced so money's a bit tight at the moment..sorry :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    I agree with a lot of that beerkat. But the thought of Linekar getting almost 2 million quid of our money per annum sticks in the throat somewhat. The beebs ability to squander money on their wage bill is scandalous imho.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yup, there are some pretty ridiculous salaries going to some people. I sometimes wonder what these people do with such vast sums (no doubt I'll get some suggestions). A million quid isn't such a lot nowadays (when you add in the price of property), but 2 million cash..every year! Personally I think Linekar can sod off but then I'm not a fan of the game..the game with the oval ball is far more enjoyable. Thankfully the BBC will be covering the whole of the 6 Nations games in Feb :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Still waiting for them to get back to me on my second interview. They’re supposed to be calling me today. I’ll let you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    You can and it would be very interesting

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I agree that the BBC does put out some good drama's, I'm not sure who makes them. What pisses me off is their obvious bias as well as inflated salaries. It's got a link on it's website "why you can trust the bbc". It still thinks it's impartial and trustworthy. It's staff are all from the same social grouping therefore it's policies and views are set one way. It should be disbanded in my view.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Yeah! What @BonnieCat said ..... get them all to the Love Island for euthanasia training for Swiss Doctors! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Just get them to Love Island for euthanasia full stop. Now that might be worth watching.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Most of them wouldn't know what euthanasia was, probably sign up thinking it was a spar treatment! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I wish I could give you more than one emoji. That was funny

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1