Featured "the World Is Too Beautiful For Depression: 1st Fellowsride 12.06.2021 Würzburg, Germany

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by T-Bird, Jun 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    [​IMG]

We all know the Gentlemen's Ride - I would like to draw your attention to a similar first event in Würzburg/Germany on June 12, 2021 - the first Fellowsride:

A family father loses his son - by suicide after a severe depression.

For self-therapy he rides 120.000km motorcycle around the world.
    Now he would like to make attentive on this illness still not in the public as such noticed (depressions are a deadly illness and no personal weakness!), besides donations for the depression assistance collect and invites on coming Saturday to a motorcycle round trip around Würzburg.

Everything further to read up on https://www.fellowsride.de/, at present only in German language.

I'm in (and hope Dieter forgives me for stealing the logo).
    Thomas

• Like Like x 7
  2. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    #2 SuperHans, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Fantastic initiative and its key to start talking about depression and the consequences it may have.

Depression/Suicide kills far to many and its still something that's stigmatized and people don't dare to talk about.
    And, that its illegal in some countries and that the family can be punished doesn't make it easier. (which has been the case in most countries not so long ago).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Interesting and passionate event. Hope it goes well

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    Hi fellows,

Have you ever been on the road with more than 340 like-minded people in a long bikers convoy - according to German law we were a "registered political demonstration"?
    No interruptions, no traffic lights, no stop signs - the police motorcycle squad accompanied us like bees and cleared everything - the guys were great, probably had a lot of fun themselves...
    Our local politics were also present, many people on the streets had a smile on their face - just not the racing cyclists, who were overtaken - by a good 2km of motorcycles.
    Final financial success has far exceeded expectations - somewhere most bikers have a social touch. Feel free to check out the vidoe on youtube - looking forward to the next ride, fellows.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    T-Bird
    Great video very professional. And what a great cause. I have encountered several cases of suicide recently. Try sitting there trying to tell a young girl her Brother had just hung himself at collage. Strangely she was German working where I work and her Brother was back In Germany her parents were on holiday. Believe me I was choked. I never saw her again so couldn't say sorry if I made an idiot of myself. But why does it always seem to be young people with so much to look forward to. But Great on you and every one who took the time to say help these kids people.
    Joe.

6. Michael McDonough

Aug 13, 2020
    Windsor, CA.
    Lost my son of 28 years several years ago. My trusty 2012 Bonneville SE has 65,000 miles of beating back anger. The feeling of control gave me strength. Highly advise Motorcycle Therapy

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Petrol

Petrol Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2016
    North Wilts.
    World for youngsters is horrible. They are being taught to disrespect their elders by corrupting social media. To find division where there is none .

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany

fits very well with the feedback that the organizer had read before the start of the tour (from a rider who could not participate because of too great a distance): I myself am affected by depression... but whenever I ride a motorcycle they have disappeared at this time....

• Like Like x 1