Featured The Wife Is Not A Happy Bunny!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andrew Eames, Apr 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew Eames

Andrew Eames Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    The pink one obviously! Im not riding the other one, it looks scary!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    [QUOTE="Also had time to remove the pesky baffle! Sounds very nice indeed.[/QUOTE]
    Was it difficult to take the baffle out Andrew ? And would it be possible to put it back in place again if it's too loud ?

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Was it difficult to take the baffle out Andrew ? And would it be possible to put it back in place again if it's too loud ?[/QUOTE]
    Too loud???:confused: Eh?
    I don’t understand :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Was it difficult to take the baffle out Andrew ? And would it be possible to put it back in place again if it's too loud ?[/QUOTE]
    Hi mate, it wasnt too bad. Would of been alot easier if i took the carbon cap of and re riveted it bit i didnt have any rivets.

So i used a die grinder and very very carefully took the metal down a bit and kept wiggling with the end of a hammer until the weld broke.

If you want the baffle to be re used then you definitely need to take the carbon end cap off and drill a hole through both bits so you can put a bolt in. You cant do this if the cap is left on.

There is a decent post on here already about removing the cap and doing it that way. Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    I don’t understand :p[/QUOTE]
    Haha I was waiting for this, I stay in a complex mate, lots of senior citizens who would notice the "subtle " change in tone. Mates at the local gathering spot nagging me every weekend to take it out :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    I don’t understand :p[/QUOTE]
    To be honest its quieter than the mivv can i had without the baffle. I think it sounds lovely! Heard one at the weekend with the baffle in and made the decision that it must go! Just sounds incredible now. How a triple should sound!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Haha I was waiting for this, I stay in a complex mate, lots of senior citizens who would notice the "subtle " change in tone. Mates at the local gathering spot nagging me every weekend to take it out :joy:[/QUOTE]
    They can notice all they want. But on the other hand if its loud enough you cant hear them complaining! get it done mate you wont regret it!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi mate, it wasnt too bad. [/QUOTE]

Cheers Andrew, I think I've seen that post but the pictures of the weld on the can wasn't clear. My MT09 (also a triple) had the Akropovic Titanium system on and it was very loud especially under load without the baffle, I machined the pipes on the baffle down a bit and re installed it. It was perfect then. I will take a closer look at the Arrow some time and maybe see what it's like. Thanks for the reply!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Cheers Andrew, I think I've seen that post but the pictures of the weld on the can wasn't clear. My MT09 (also a triple) had the Akropovic Titanium system on and it was very loud especially under load without the baffle, I machined the pipes on the baffle down a bit and re installed it. It was perfect then. I will take a closer look at the Arrow some time and maybe see what it's like. Thanks for the reply![/QUOTE]
    Basically as your looking at the end of the can, you just have to take about 2mm off then give it a good old fashoined wiggle. It would be hard to take a pic to see the weld broken clearly but as i said if you have the means and the tools to take the end cap off its a hell of a lot simpler to do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Sounds like money well spent to me, its not like you have gone and brought another pair of shoes to fill the wardrobe.

• Like Like x 1