Featured The Wife Is Not A Happy Bunny!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andrew Eames, Apr 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tim Schultz

Tim Schultz Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Widowed from first wife 9 yrs. cancer
    Divorced from second wife 7 yrs. kicked her to curb
    Had my 1996 Sprint for 22 yrs.
    Something to be said for first love....she doesn't complain, bitch or nag
    and in 22 years she has never let me down

• Like Like x 6
  2. Richard Neale

Richard Neale Active Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Northwich
    LAT here so all the benefits without the nagging.. she looks after herself and I spend my money on bikes track days off roading etc.. only thing is I have to take her on holiday occasionally . Which is ok for me too.. hopefully the holiday will be on my bike this year.... Or NOT ..

• Like Like x 2
  3. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Well I would say you’re only here once and if you want something, and you can afford it go for it, but this is coming from my perspective of having a partner with a terminal illness. Now if your wife wants a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes or diamond encrusted handbag then you can’t complain.
    I think the best cause of action is to get a divorce and marry someone who loves bikes as much as I do.
    How was that answer, diplomatic enough??
    BC

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    I had a dog named Jimmy and he chewed my wife's shoes. She was very proud of the fact that she owned several pairs of Jimmy Choos. Andrew - I'll send you a pair for the lovely wife if you want:) But, you might want to just 'bite the bullet' and buy some tickets for a cruise to her favorite place.

This is Jimmy. He was so retarded that we had to put goggles on him to keep him from scratching his eyes on the bushes. Every time he did, he set me back about $300 to $400 in vet bills:(

Jimmy_Googles 046.JPG

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. Andrew Eames

Andrew Eames Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Thats a great answer! If i give you her number will you call her and talk her round? Haha!
    All said and done she is very understanding and actually loves coming out on the bike with me. I just dont think she can see the justification in spending £1100 on my bike.
    With all that said im a massive fan of spending money and enjoying life, as is she. But i think her idea of enjoyment is a beach somewhere hot. Not sat in the rain on the back of a speed triple!

She wierdly has an obsession with teapots, which is fine because theyre relatively cheap! So ill just buy her a teapot. Wonder if triumph do teapots?....

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Haha! Thats great! The goggles look awesome on him!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Captainclingfilm

Captainclingfilm New Member

May 5, 2018
    Northampton
    You earned it. You spend it. Saving for wedding? Not wed yet? No jurisdiction really.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    All I want to know has she half killed you yet :)

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Optical illusion?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Too much distortion!

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    ...or top box?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Crikey! the nuclear option.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    I am in fact alive and not half dead, shes ok now although tomorrow is when im fitting all the stuff so theres time yet i suppose!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob Davies

Rob Davies New Member

Dec 13, 2017
    South Wales Caerphilly
    I was out for 4 hrs today and had a text saying you are taking the piss I replied NO she was speechless when I got home they are never happy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Well. Today has been fairly successful! Fitted my new tyres, seat and arrow system. New map is installed! Took her out for a quick blip earlier and could instantly tell the difference! Its like a new bike altogether! Also had time to remove the pesky baffle! Sounds very nice indeed. Need to get some better pics of it really but heres a couple of pics.

347A5E83-1427-49DD-ADE6-8724984B0934.jpeg

2992499D-D52B-4CF3-9478-A380276ED3E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  16. Bodger

Bodger Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Solihull, West Midlands
    82BF335B-F17B-4988-89A8-C44232AA81FD.jpeg A308B9E2-EA93-4132-8834-800B79649437.jpeg So just before Xmas gone I secretly part x my 1996 Yamaha thunderace for a 2002 636 Kawasaki whilst the wife was at work and locked it away in the garage. Unbeknown to her she even bought me Christmas presents for it . Bought a silver and black one kind of the same colour of the old Thunderace. My mates said you’ll never get away with it . Course I will I said. Spent a small fortune on it up until now. Comes this weekend took it for its 1st blast. Then stupidly posted a picture on Instagram. She saw it and asked me if it was the same bike and I lied through my teeth swearing it was , she was very suspicious until my daughter saw the same post and replied “ another new bike dad “ Busted!! But it’s been very quiet the rest of the bank holiday with the silent treatment .....

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Oh dear me, the audacity! hats off to you mate for getting away with it for a while! Hope your still alive by morning!

18. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Bikes looking nice Andrew, bet that low exhaust sounds sweet without the baffle in but can I give you one bit of advice, if you’re throwing the tyres away chuck em in someone else’s garden, you’ll get sick of mowing around them if you leave them there :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andrew Eames

Aug 23, 2016
    Derby
    Its a race track for the mower mate. If iv gotta mow lawns im at least make it competitive!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Sorry, I’m confused. Is your bike the one with bright pink tassels in the handlebars or the dull black one?

• Funny Funny x 2