Featured The Triumph Sneak Peek Tour Comes To Tucson

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Jan 16, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The Triumph Sneak Peak Tour came to Tucson earlier this week for a two-day stop at our local Triumph dealership, AZ-KKT (Arizona Kawasaki-KTM-Triumph). Our riding buddy, Randy, had sent me an e-mail with the flyer about the event so he and I planned to meet up at Triumph World to check out the new Speed Triple 1200 RR, Tiger 1200, and Tiger Sport 660. We were hoping for donuts and coffee, too, but nope--it was just the bikes. :pensive::joy:
    IMG_5847.jpeg

From the flyer, it seems that we were fortunate to be one of the stops on the U.S. "road show" for these new models since they are the only ones currently anywhere outside of Europe.
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 9.18.04 PM.png

I was primarily interested in the Speed Triple RR, mostly out of curiosity and definitely not because I'm in the market. I'm very happy and content with my 2019 Speed Triple RS. But I was also curious to see the new Tigers in person, too. The three models were displayed side by side right at the front part of the Triumph quadrant of the dealership showroom. There were several people who were also there to check out these traveling Triumphs. The gentleman in this picture on the Tiger 660 on the right excitedly told us that he has one of the RR's on order. :grinning:
    IMG_5888 2.jpeg

The RR certainly caught my attention right off. It is a beauty! :heart_eyes:
    IMG_5870 2.jpeg

Funny how they put the sign that says "Your New Obsession" directly behind the Speed Triple. It well might have become that for me...until I sat on it with my feet on the pegs :eek: Those bars are l-o-w!
    IMG_5919.jpeg

IMG_5917.jpeg

I convinced Randy to check out the Speed Triple from the rider's seat, too. Bruce, the salesman I've known for years, said that he'd received a phone call earlier in the day from a guy who wanted to come test ride the bikes and was quite miffed when told that wasn't part of the tour. :joy:
    IMG_5920.jpeg

Here's the Tiger 1200
    IMG_5882.jpeg

and the Tiger 660.
    IMG_5883.jpeg

I thought I'd have a go at sitting on the Tiger 660. I didn't really fancy it as it's not up my style alley. But the position was certainly more comfortable that that of the Speed Triple 1200 RR! The 660 was pretty tall for me--though close, I couldn't quite flat foot it. The Speed Triple 1200 RR, on the other hand, was just fine in that department. I didn't sit on the Tiger 1200 but it looked very tall indeed. That bike was being displayed on a stand so people could climb on and off that bike as many times as they liked.
    IMG_5906.jpeg

CONTINUED.....

• Like Like x 15
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    When we first arrived at the dealership, there were a number of people ogling the three traveling Triumphs. So Randy and I took the opportunity to look around the dealership to see what was new and we saw some interesting bikes. AZ-KKT sells a lot of motorsports vehicles, not only motorcycles. And they try to start folks young evidently. ;):) Check out these little dude bikes. I asked Randy if he would step in among these tyke bikes for size perspective.
    IMG_5866.jpeg

Both of us were fascinated by these trials bikes. I've seen some trials competitions on television but didn't really realize how unique and purpose-built trials bikes are. At least I think these are trials bikes.
    IMG_5856.jpeg

I think that KTM dirt bikes are AZ-KKT's number one biggest seller.
    IMG_5861.jpeg

Kawasaki's "big boy" for 2022
    IMG_5912.jpeg

And, of course, the Rocket 3 that always calls my name. ;):rolleyes::joy:
    IMG_5908.jpeg

I was just ready to head towards the popcorn machine for a little snack when Randy brought up donuts again. He had truly been hoping there would be donuts and coffee--reminiscent of what AZ-KKT did on the 3rd Saturday of the month before Covid hit.
    IMG_1578.jpeg

Although I love their popcorn, I told Randy we could swing by Amy's Donuts since we were about ready to leave. I figured I could suck it up and suffer through one of Amy's delicious donuts or fritters. ;):joy: So we said our goodbyes to Bruce and the other staff, thanked them for getting the truck to make a Tucson stop, and headed out in anticipation of donuts.

AZ-KKT is only about 5 miles from my house and Amy's is between the two. So we didn't have to go very far to satisfy Randy's (and my) craving for a donut and coffee.
    IMG_5925.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.41.57 PM.png

Though you didn't see us wearing masks in the dealership pics I've posted, we had them at all times other than when we took them off for photo ops. Covid (particularly Omicron) is absolutely rampant in Arizona right now so we're masking up and opting to "dine" outdoors. Not sure I'd call this dining, but it worked out just fine as we ate our donuts, drank our coffee, and had a delightful conversation while sitting on the curb. :D Randy hadn't been on a Sunday group ride in awhile so we had lots of catch-up to do.
    Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 11.35.48 PM.png

IMG_5931.jpeg

All in all a lovely respite in the week. No chips and very little sun on today's ride, though, @Iron! :joy::joy::joy: Maybe tomorrow.......

• Like Like x 14
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    That RR is a really beautiful machine!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    What a great day and great nibbles!
    Your friend Randys name reminded me of the (voted for) funniest name in the world (some years ago) of Randy sailor.
    Still makes me chuckle!
    Thanks for sharing and letting us know that the sun ☀️ is still outside somewhere!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    That's interesting. Is that ZX14R a new "old stock" model? The ZZR1400 (same bike) is off the menu this year in the UK, still a few in dealers showrooms but I'm pretty sure that production has, or is about to cease.
    I'm not surprised dirt bikes sell well in a place like Arizona with miles of open country to ride in? Every garage should have a dirt bike:). I've had a couple of Yamaha Trials irons in the past and I'm fancying adding one to the stable again. They're great fun:grinning:.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neal H

Neal H Active Member

Mar 7, 2021
    England
    Nice photos and write up as usual.

The RR does look fantastic, but that riding position looks a bit too extreme. Think I’ll be sticking with my RS. I do rather like the Tiger 660 Sport though and may look to get a test ride when they’re in dealers. Not as a Speed Triple replacement, but as an additional bike for some light touring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm sure they would sell even more of the RR if it had higher bars

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Sandi T
    The RR suits you well, "High Speed Sandy"! Thanks for your report and the pictures! ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1