Featured Rocket The Rocket(ship)s Have Landed In The Desert!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Sandi T, Jan 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #81 Sandi T, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Great info on the Rocket 3, @jord001. I'm hoping by the time I'm healed up from a bicycle crash that my local dealership will have a Rocket 3 that they will be letting people test ride. It's great to read how easy it is to ride. It seemed delightful from my just experience of sitting on it and stand it up on the showroom floor recently. Can't wait to give it a go around the block!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Terrific photos, @JPB! Thanks for sharing them! :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Your welcome Sandi T, glad you like them. Hope you heal soon!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Just had a spin to Total Triumph and a couple of Rockets going out. They have been popular at TT as there are loads waiting to go out? They are also doing some Guy Martin Scrambler customs in either XE or XC and proving fast sellers too!
    Love my Speed Twin though, but nice to have a look and dream......

C02B2FF7-C3D5-4353-974D-1C208529D4C7.jpeg

8C268BCF-6BE1-4420-A2C8-EB4028DFBAFE.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Great photos thanks for posting. It looks like they did well on the TFC pre orders as there a a few there! I would be gutted if I had ordered one of those exclusives to find two more “locals” had the same plan lol.
    Great looking bikes. Loving my GT. Did you have any pictures of the Guy Martin bikes?
    cheers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @SleepyOwl, perhaps you have posted elsewhere but could you tell us in a bit on what you love about your new GT? Would love to get your thoughts, opinions, and feedback! Thanks! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SleepyOwl

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    #87 SleepyOwl, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    No problem. I have now achieved the heady figure of 200 miles this week

Pretty much as the reviewers have said about the bike is spot on. Loads of torque and the clutch and engine are butter smooth. The bike just gives you loads of confidence and sense of presence on the road. Overtaking is a breeze and the acceleration just flows.

The bike also draws a few people every time I park up so need to be patient when answering all the questions.

My wife went on the back today (5 feet tall and size 10 so not too much of a tight squeeze. We enjoyed it although it’s no tourer for long days I don’t imagine. I will be getting a Tiger for that. Suspension is going to need sorting. Hit a few dips 2 up today and jarred both of us.
    It’s a heavy bike but doesn’t feel like it. I love the forward controls also. There is a slight vibration in the mirrors at times. The crud catcher doesn’t seem to do much as the back end of the bike gets pretty mucky.

I suppose the number one thing that I have found a bit of a let down is the 140mile tank range. I never checked beforehand as I thought the huge fuel tank would be full of fuel lol!
    Overall a great bike. Great performance and bang for the buck. I think the jury is still out with my pillion though!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Took my T120 into Lind Triumph Romford for the headlight loom recall and they had a Rocket 3 GT demo in the showroom had a sit on it and it definately makes my short legs seem a lot longer:p
    Now how can I muster £20k in the next few weeks?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Spoke to a guy today as he got of the GT. Said he had rode the R3R back to back with the GT and he preferred the GT. A great bike easy to ride once it was rolling, with loads of grunt. Said he had ridden through some water on the road and the rear mud guard did nothing to stop his back and helmet getting wet and dirty. Anyway he went back into the dealers with a smile on his face.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SleepyOwl

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Sell your body?? It’s how I got mine :p:p:D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Sure will;
    but where do I get the othere £19500? o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Couldn’t get pictures if the scramblers as they were being built to customers specs in the garage, too far to get any decent pictures. They are all waiting until the new reg, so I’ll pop in again soon and post any I get

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for sharing your observations and experiences on your new gorgeous Rocket 3, @SleepyOwl. A fun and positive read, and very informative. Glad that you are loving it! As I said before, there's nothing like a new bike--be it a bicycle or motorcycle--to make one feel like a little kid again! :)

Though I'm still very interested in the Rocket 3 and will certainly test ride it if I have the opportunity, I've purchased something else in the past day that will preclude me financially from buying another or a different motorcycle. I am going to take a cue from @dilligaf with his Something for Nudger posts and make my purchase a mystery! ;) At some point in the next several days I'll start a thread with some photos and the back story of my new purchase. :eek:

But for now, here are a couple of hints to get the guessing game started. It has four wheels rather than, is black, and is f-a-s-t. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Well that was easy :)

Two black motorbikes :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Nice try, Dilli! :) Next hint. It's one vehicle. Although two new black motorbikes does sound like a grand idea. :grinning::joy:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SleepyOwl

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Maybe???:joy:

PF7S-1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    OMG, I laughed so hard when I saw this, @SleepyOwl, that I nearly fell out of my TEMPORARY wheelchair! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and a big laugh to my belly. :joy::joy::joy: Oh, and by the way, that guess would be incorrect!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

MX5:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018