Featured Rocket The Rocket(ship)s Have Landed In The Desert!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Sandi T, Jan 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Brilliant!
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Dilli, are you on commission ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    SandiT;
    When we (English) decided ;) (Did you see what I did there?) to leave America (Long time ago!) you wanted nothing more to do with any English traits and so you decided to be different and drive on the right. Simples. :) :kissing_heart:.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Kenbro
    Did we decide to leave or got our Butts kicked out.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    You must have seen my emoji, Joe ;). Twas tongue in cheek, hope SandiT understands :eek:
    Ken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    Usual attire... Just came back from a national bock-beer-gargling-competition. It is the same as with the Irish seamen: when you get drowned in beer, your family identifies you by your sweater!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I’m curious if the fueling is any better than the Bonneville range. I will of course let everyone know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    OMG! I'd seen this YouTube video before but forgot about it. This guy is awesome! Talk about adapting to your circumstances. A "Can Do" attitude, that's for sure! :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Right. "You say potato, I say patato. You say tomato, I say tamato". ;) I do think that much of human behavior is driven by this simple saying, Ken. Maybe even the behavior of an entire country? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Of course she does. ;):):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I went to "Triumph World" today so he could see the Rocket R and the Rocket GT "in the flesh" (well, metal and rubber). He was appropriately impressed! :cool: And I got to sit on the GT since it was out of the service bay and onto the floor. The ergonomics of the GT suit me better than those of the R--mostly the handlebars and position. Also, I noticed even more cool details seeing the bikes a second time. On Tuesday I'm riding there again with my friend who currently has a 2008 Rocket. He's gonna love the new model!! :grinning:

IMG_7264.jpeg
    IMG_7266.jpeg IMG_7267.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  12. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    @Sandi T. Are you going to take a test ride. IF I was going to get one it would be the GT for the same reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hee hee :grinning: I can see a couple of new Rocket 3 owners on this very forum in the not too distant future :cool:

go on go on go on :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I don't know, Nikki. I'm not sure they have a Rocket 3 that they're willing to demo right now and not sure how it will work in the future. We spoke with the dealership owner yesterday and he said they have as many coming in as they can get their hands on. I'll know more after I go back with my friend who has the older Rocket. He's really itching to test ride one so we shall see. :) I really don't think I'd consider getting one for a number of reasons. But I've said that in the past.......;)

image.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for all your "encouragement", dilli! You're a bad influence. ;):joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Called into Total Triumph yesterday and they have a black R demo bike ahead of next weeks launch. They also had 2 TFC Rockets being built for new lucky owners. What an awesome looking bike!
    Definitely popping down for the launch day next Saturday

3720CFDD-3FDF-4750-B127-0C2B886F5662.jpeg

39A01063-5038-402A-8D9C-6ADCDDD6935B.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @BonnieCat
    Nicki, this past Tuesday I went back to my Triumph dealership with my friend with the 2008 Rocket so he could take a look-see. Both the R and the GT are sold so we could look and sit and listen. But we couldn't ride. I think they intend to have one they'll demo but they don't at the moment. Much as my friend loved the new Rockets I don't know that he will trade for a 2020 model.

So that makes three times in a week that I went over to check out the two Rocket 3's right in my backyard. Ooooh....so tempting!! I know why @dilligaf is chomping at the bit for his to arrive!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Go on go on go on :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. JPB

JPB Senior Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    Just got back from Total Triumphs launch event for the new Rocket. One lucky guy was picking up his TFC Rocket and it was good to listen to the hand over by Craig. Both the GT & R models were in display and there was a lot of interest.
    Great event, well done to the guys at TT.
    Considering a test ride on both to see how the different footpeg positions feel!

1874FD28-3B74-46BA-8587-0EE62E928B80.jpeg

C234B95C-2D9F-4D4D-8ACE-43EFA76ECCE1.jpeg

90809F72-0F05-4DDE-BC9A-3892D2B8144A.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  20. jord001

jord001 Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Birmingham England
    It's an easy to ride beast, I've been lucky enough to ride both the R and the GT, what a machine, just cant afford one.. Saw a lady probably about 5'2" get on and ride it like it was a small bike so nothing to worry about. Totally well balanced, handles like a big speed triple, so easy to ride and manouvre, its got everything. Wish I was able to get one. @Sandi T. @BonnieCat
    Go and test ride one just for the experience. I can almost guarantee you will have never ridden anything like this.

Jord

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1