The Random Rideout Pictures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    lol, Ive ridden a few different makes of cruisers and if your'e not used to them they do handle "different" to begin with!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    "Different is right!! As you say i supose you would get used to it. :eek::oops::oops:

3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Different ??? Last time I rode a Harley I gave it back after about 400 yards it was so different as to be dangerous !
    No feedback from the front at all. Didn't have a clue what the front was doing. I like the look of Harley's but imv that's all they have. Not including those with the batwing fairing that just looks plain stupid.
    If they rode reasonably well I would consider one but not as they are.
    You see the comment quite often about them " yesterday's technology tomorrow " , imv that sums them up pretty well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Which model did you test ride Gary? the dynas or sporsters seem to be easier to get on with as a first Harley, also it depends what bars it was fitted with as that can make a huge difference with the feel from the front end,the best Harley clone i have ridden has to be the Yamaha xv1700 "warrior" the worst has to be a Honda shadow it makes a Harley seem like a sports bike!(although maybe the suspension was knackered) I would love a test ride of the Ducati Diavel X it looks an awsome bike,much better looking than the standard Diavel,coudn't afford one though! agree with yesterdays technology they should fit better suspension and brakes,but that could be said for most of the makes of cruisers

5. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Now there you are asking. It was a fat boy I think they called it. I could never get my head round their way of naming them.
    Really vague feeling bike. Had ridden others as well and was still left feeling un impressed.
    Years ago had a friend that bout one ( road King type bike ). He bought it new and let me have a go. Again I just felt that the bike was so vague that it was a non starter for me.
    The bird on te other hand I love it, feels responsive and talks to you.

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yamaha Warrior
    comes standard with upside down forks and R1 brakes..slight overkill for a cruiser
    warrier.jpg

XDIAVEL 162BHP Not your typical cruiser..i want one!!
    BW_XDiavel-s_ Static scene.jpg

7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thats wierd, what you feel with the bird i feel with the fatboy! :)

8. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Give me a Bird anytime, im not gay :D:D:D I think you better rewrite that Dougie :oops::oops::oops::oops:

• Like Like x 3
  9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Can we get back to bike pictures, and no more slaggin Harleys??? It's a big world, plenty of space for us all.;):)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No more pictures of "fat boys"!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Agreed! I'm wanting to see people's random rideout pictures, not off topic pics.

13. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    May be better if an administrator makes a completely new category for the Random Rideout Pictures
    Thus leaving this section for just "America & Speedmaster" as was intended !!!
    Just my opinion (haven't been on here long enough to suggest, just sowing the seed,)

14. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Well goodness gracious me Tez, where do you get your temerity from ? Absolutely shocking !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Someone can start a thread in their own class, I did in the tiger800 section

16. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    So You did, just noticed it because you gave it a mention Crispey

17. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Wasnt temerity as such, I'm fairly new just trying to offer up a suggestion because as Ron says its too easy to get carried away on a thread with something else completely different

Such as this !! Sorry enough said back to ride out pictures now -

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Are we not able to move the random rideouts into the lounge forum?, so we can put photos of any model of triumph and any other makes you might have? i personally like looking at photos of runs regardless of which model is in the photo..if not maybe the next guy who has photos to put on can do this

• Like Like x 2
  19. TEZ 217

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Can't see any reason why not Dougie, Crispey said threads can be added to any catergory, But as Ron does ride an America for him its in the correct place, he started this random rideout section so up to him really.
    But like you I love to see the pictures and doesnt matter to me what particular bike or model or make it is.
    shame to have Pictures of rideouts scattered all over forum in each particular category, be good to have them all
    in one place - but still to easy to go off category while making comments which is what happened here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Back on track - Even if it isn't a Triumph !!!!:D:D:D

Out this morning, this one is titled - "No sidestand required"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4