The Random Rideout Pictures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #721 Dave49, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Nothing ridiculous about our place names. (Well, maybe Clatteringshaws.) And I speak as one who spent his first few months of life on a farm near Ecclefechan.

(Better than some of my English relatives, though, who came from near Sodding Chipbury, or somewhere like that.)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Most of Skye is indeed beautiful, but it's best to go there off-season. It has been a victim of its own success, and is so famous that it's on everyone's bucket list. Avoid the well-known beauty spots like the Fairy Pools and the Coral Beach - there will be nowhere to park at this time of year!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    To be honest we won't have the time to do a lot on Skye, we've got our 14 year old dog with us, and with the recent heat we'd be causing her a lot of discomfort. So we'll do Portree, and view the Storr from the road, and we'll have to do Skye again another time. Thanks for the advise Dave. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Cheers. I'm sure the dog will thank you for it! We had a holiday house in the island for many years, so I know it quite well.

5. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Active Member

Hey, just checking in. I hope everyone is well. I haven't posted or even been on the site for months. Busy with projects around El Rancho Fork Lock and my daughter's house, as well. I've been getting a lot of wheel time in. I really like this little bike.

It's in the shop having some work done on the exhaust. I'm tired of people asking to hear it run - when it is already running. I can't ride for a bit anyway, I torqued my ankle bad, so I'm sitting around nursing the ankle and I thought it would be a good time to get it into the shop.

This shot is from a few day ago at a popular bike destination here in South Jersey, the Sweetwater Marina Restaurant on the Mullica River. The big fella on the left is the Jersey Devil.

Sweetwater.PNG

• Like Like x 6
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper First Class Member
    Subscriber

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Eh?

27A64567-6290-4A6D-B94B-BD156109D0F9.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #727 Dave49, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Oh yes, Twatt. It's somewhere between Wetwang and Penistone, isn't it? Some parts of the country have some funny place names.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1