The Random Rideout Pictures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I love that road! Had a good blast up it last month on my way to the highlands. Only my second time on it, the previous time was a good 4 or so years ago, been looking forward to doing it again ever since :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Was there last month. The locks are amazing and a very pretty village.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I hope you have a lovely time, Bikerman. But I'm sorry to read that you're in a CAR!!! :eek::weary_face: The least the weather could do for you is be less brilliant so you wouldn't be wishing you were on a bike instead.:cool::sun:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Had a run up to Scotland on Sunday.

Old semi-derelict church at Elvanfoot on the A702.

EBC04AAB-AC8C-48B0-A3E8-9C2D2141D88B.jpeg

Then down the Dalveen Pass to Carronbridge, Thornhill and sticking with the 702 on to New Galloway...

F301B675-FA26-4BDB-9112-B2926F8498FE.jpeg

Tide was out at Wigtown harbour...

396239A7-F2E6-4152-816E-B154533944E4.jpeg

Lunch at Stranraer.... 1323B390-D7B2-4C92-9A8D-6AB6D309D819.jpeg

...afternoon tea at Clatteringshaws....

E07F4660-FCC8-4E5C-99BA-73A0BB9B357E.jpeg

.....then back up the Dalveen Pass (god, I LOVE that road!) to Elvanfoot and back home. Two pots of tea at Clatteringshaws meant an emergency stop in the forest for a wee comfort break :laughing:.. 77F7B6E9-9FC3-4D20-BCA2-60F84D0328BA.jpeg

Depart 05:00, back home around 21:30, 743miles and a good day out in almost perfect weather. :)

• Like Like x 6
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    When I'm taking the Cairnryan Ferry to NI I always come off the M74 further north at Abington just so I can take the Dalveen Pass back down again! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    It is a superb road... that queens view road is a peach too, been on it many times. Always the first priority when I come over on the boat :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I think you are making up those ridiculous place names…

Next instalment will have Little Bumcrack, Knobbly Thomas, and Greater Flange.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #688 Dave49, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Nothing ridiculous about our place names. (Well, maybe Clatteringshaws.) And I speak as one who spent his first few months of life on a farm near Ecclefechan.

(Better than some of my English relatives, though, who came from near Sodding Chipbury, or somewhere like that.)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Most of Skye is indeed beautiful, but it's best to go there off-season. It has been a victim of its own success, and is so famous that it's on everyone's bucket list. Avoid the well-known beauty spots like the Fairy Pools and the Coral Beach - there will be nowhere to park at this time of year!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    Cheers. I'm sure the dog will thank you for it! We had a holiday house in the island for many years, so I know it quite well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    Hey, just checking in. I hope everyone is well. I haven't posted or even been on the site for months. Busy with projects around El Rancho Fork Lock and my daughter's house, as well. I've been getting a lot of wheel time in. I really like this little bike.

It's in the shop having some work done on the exhaust. I'm tired of people asking to hear it run - when it is already running. I can't ride for a bit anyway, I torqued my ankle bad, so I'm sitting around nursing the ankle and I thought it would be a good time to get it into the shop.

This shot is from a few day ago at a popular bike destination here in South Jersey, the Sweetwater Marina Restaurant on the Mullica River. The big fella on the left is the Jersey Devil.

Sweetwater.PNG

• Like Like x 8
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Eh?

27A64567-6290-4A6D-B94B-BD156109D0F9.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dave49

Dave49 Elite Member

Dec 30, 2019
    SW Scotland
    #693 Dave49, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Oh yes, Twatt. It's somewhere between Wetwang and Penistone, isn't it? Some parts of the country have some funny place names.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This past Saturday I saw an ad in our local newspaper for the Western National Parks Association store. They place ads in the paper on a regular basis and every time I see one I say, "Gee, I should go see that place". Plus it's right off a road that's on a common ride route as well.

So today was the day. I decided I'd do a solo ride and make the ride (primarily) about the destination rather than the journey. Of course, any excuse to ride..... ;) The store is only about 15 miles from our house so the ride itself was a bit of a shorty.

Now that I've been to the store I can't believe I never went there before. SO many lost opportunities to purchase Christmas and birthday gifts--plus the odd thing for myself and Mr. Sandi here and there, too. Thanks to our rise in Covid cases lately, masks were required inside the store and there were very few customers. I was the first one of the day. They also have a classroom type room and an outdoor area in addition to the store itself. The women running the store said that they have the artists whose work they sell sometimes come to do shows and speaking engagements but won't be doing that again until Covid is laid to rest.

So I snapped a bunch of photos to share here. I tried to capture a representative mix of what the store features but there was FAR more than I could (or should) photograph or post. That said, I will share enough photos to require two posts.

My Low Rider S all by it's lonesome (almost) when I arrived.
    IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1690.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.15.46 AM.png

IMG_1725.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

They had tons of books of every sort--historical, hiking guides, parks guides, novels, kids books. I'd like to go back soon just to take a better look at all their offerings!
    Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.18.28 AM.png

Navajo weavings
    IMG_1736.jpeg

Gorgeous jewelry, mostly Navajo and Hopi
    IMG_1701.jpeg

Mata Ortiz pottery
    IMG_1747 2.jpeg

Oaxacan animal carvings - Mr. Sandi and I have a handful of these. They are really cool and fun to collect because price wise they are affordable compared to things like the pottery and weavings.
    IMG_1742.jpeg

continued in my next post

• Like Like x 9
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    But this particular Oaxacan animal is a bit out of Mr. Sandi's and my price range! :eek:
    IMG_1744.jpeg

Tohono O'odham baskets. The Tohono O'odham tribe is located very near Tucson.
    IMG_1724.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 11.27.45 AM.png

Zuni fetishes--nooo, not THAT kind of fetish. Although I guess the question on this sign still may apply. ;) This is another really fun thing to collect. I used to have a number of them and have absolutely no idea where they disappeared to. Guess I need to start a new collection. :)
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg

Traditional Native American flutes
    IMG_1735.jpeg

Of course lots of local and regional foods (way more than in this photo!) and cookbooks.
    IMG_1727.jpeg

And toys! :grinning: But no dog toys or none that I saw anyway. Although I'm sure Ellie would enjoy tearing her way through a stuffed coyote or javelin if I brought one home for her. :joy:
    IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1703.jpeg

The outdoor area for demonstrations and art shows. I'll be looking forward to those when the store starts doing that again. I feel like I made a great find today. Although to be honest I'm rather a dunce since this place has been around a long time and right under my nose (and on a ride tour) the whole time! :rolleyes::joy:
    IMG_1750.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #696 Sandi T, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    I'm not quite sure how to say it after I've only just had a cup of coffee, Bikerman! :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I’m stone cold sober (or I was last week) and I can’t say his surname.

I’m assuming it’s his name and not a disease he’s got?

Edit: that’s not meant to be rude just that the name is complex and difficult (for me) to pronounce mish mash of letters. Someone will assume my genuine ignorance is some form of bias. It’s not. I’m just daft.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    If you anagramise (is that even a word?) the name it could be Glen Edward Avawade :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I have an apartment in Spain just down the road from the lovely little town of Peniscola, or Cockpop as I call it. The bus can't get all the name in the little window, so it shows the terminus as Penis. :laughing::scream:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Being daft would not be a valid reason for such blatant bias normally but in this case fully justified :joy::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1