The Random Rideout Pictures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Smoke signals on Black Combe
    IMG_20210228_141755813.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    #642 Fork Lock, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    For the past twenty-five years or so, myself and the hooligans I hung out with at a local dive bar went “camping” every April and October. Sadly, the bar was bought and redone two years ago. It’s now a little too classy for the likes of us, so we’re in the process of auditioning other low-class joints to fill the void. It’s not really camping in the strict sense of the word. We rent a cabin at Atsion State Park, about twelve miles from my home down in the South Jersey Pine Barrens. There are eight of us, hence ourname “The Atsion Eight.” This doesn't include a couple of the guys' sons who occasionally join us. Fish fear us, women want us. The cast that shows up at the cabin varies from four of us to all eight. We get to the cabin Thursday night and break camp Sunday morning. We fish, drink (we consider ourselves as a drinking club with a fishing problem) play cards, smoke cigars and eat like pigs. We fish for bass, pickerel, perch and crappies. At night we have a catfish tournament and usually catch eighty to a hundred between us using lighted bobbers and hot dogs for bait. All catch and release. No TV or wimmens allowed! Radio is OK to listen to ball games. Saturday night we do a Low Country boil. This is a pile of crabs, shrimp, clams, Andouille sausage, new potatoes and corn on the cob steamed in beer in a giant pot. LOTS of Old Bay seasoning!

Unfortunately, the state closed the cabins for renovation after our October 2019 visit. Then COVID hit the fan and all state parks were, and are still, closed. I stopped by the cabin today on a little ride out. They have done no renovations and the cabins look to be deteriorating. I don’t know if we’ll ever get back. Bummer.

Triumph.jpg

Cabin.jpg

Lake.jpg

Me.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Looks like a great place,hopefully it won't be too long before you guys can get back to having fun there :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Absolutely amazing. You sound like a great bunch and have a great time when drinking/fishing. Two of my passions.

I’m so glad I’m the other side of the pond and won’t have to ever meet you.

:joy:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Too bad! You'll never get to experience the farting contest on chili dog night. But, you never know.

Dogs.PNG

chili.PNG

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    July yeah:grinning:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Cruising the net last night and came upon this photo of Lemmie Kilmister.

If it's good enough for Lemmie...

thumbnail.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Is that your Interceptor @Bikerman ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I have to say it is a cracking bike. Mine is still stock. I keep looking at changing it and every time I think what can improve on it and then do nothing. Hey ho...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    No are there new colours for this year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    AD2ADA8F-C4CD-41A6-AC36-3BC9B4A85E88.jpeg Good to get back to riding and healthy food ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    This may spark a debate but where’s the brown sauce. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    He'll have to wail till tomorrow for the after picture o_O please no :confounded:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Glorious day! Weathers great, bikes had its first service and I had the day off so I headed off early up the coast and the Glens of Antrim. This place is known as the dark hedges, was always a favourite of mine but since they filmed some bollocks called Game of Thrones here, they've since closed the road so the tourists can congregate and leave rubbish laying about :mad:
    _DSF6012.jpg
    Had a little smoke break on the coast here, you can see Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge in this one :cool:
    _DSF6020.jpg
    Didn't bother stopping for any more pictures, I was having far to much fun with the superduke on the endless empty twisty roads and excellent weather! Shes well broke in now :D. What a satisfying morning!

• Like Like x 8
  18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Cracking pictures Andy, the bike picture would look great as a poster :cool: That rope bridge looks pretty cool, next time you will have to walk down and get some closer photos!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    The rope bridge is closed due to covid, there's only one way in and you have to pay... I feckin hate the way they try to capitalise tourist attractions. Years ago you could walk across the fields to it but not now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210424_104620.jpg Ride to Legacy85, a great stop for retro clothing and accessories.Dorset

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1