The Random Rideout Pictures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrOrange, Jan 24, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I figured, @Smilinjack. Thought of you immediately when I saw the article on Spain and the quarantine mandate.:( I hope your trip was worth it, though! :)

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    843CA69C-3199-4D93-8867-7629162EBEFC.jpeg 65A85738-97B3-443E-94ED-B231DF7AE7FD.jpeg @andypandy , @Tigcraft and me had a ride into Wales today. First stop was the Ponderosa cafe and then rode down the horseshoe pass into Llangollen for fish and chips and ice cream. Then tripped over to Withchurch and up the A49 to home via J&S Motorcycle Superstore for a magnum ice cream. :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 11
  3. LeezRyd

LeezRyd Noble Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Left side of the pond
    Two ice cream stops eh? Can never get enough of that stuff. Good show!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    The big question is who paid for them :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    My mate @Tigcraft got the ice creams in Llangollen.. what a man :):)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Nice one, guys!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Indeed he did, he brought half a crown with him and he spent the lot.:cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    What and no photo :eek:

9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Post #516 refers....

11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Nah just shows Eric holding a kiddies ice cream,,,,,,not with his ickle purse out ;):grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What have you guys taught us? No photo...didn’t happen. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Perhaps you guys need this patch on your jackets? Or you could create a "ride challenge" to earn one. That's a challenge I would relish. :):yum

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 6.36.17 AM.png

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Looks cool does that @Sandi T. where did you find it?

15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I initially saw it on an Instagram account (Atwyld), Wessa. One of the rare times I've been on that platform. I guess I was meant to "find" this patch? :joy: But I just plugged in Ride motorcycles Eat ice cream in a Google search and it came right up on eBay.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Mr. Sandi and I rode to our local Harley-Davidson dealer yesterday to get the last of my planned mods done on my new Street Glide Special. :grinning: Mr. Sandi rode my Harley and I was on my Speed Triple. Actually, ALMOST the last of the mods is more accurate. We always laugh that I'm never "done done". I'll also get a windshield from KlockWerks and smoked LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics. But I'll do that once I start riding the bike. H-D has demo Klockwerks windshields so I'll be able to figure out the correct height by actually riding with a couple of different sizes. I've had the Custom Dynamics LED's before but I'm letting my bank account settle down a bit, too. :rolleyes:

Our dealership is relatively close to our house--about 10 miles taking our usual route. Here are a few photos from our "random rideout".

There aren't many shady parking spots at Tucson H-D but we arrived just as the dealership opened so I snagged this one while Mr. Sandi rode my Street Glide into the service department. The purple parking space to the right is reserved for veterans and designated by a Wounded Warriors sign.
    IMG_9366.jpeg

There were only a handful of other bikes parked out front. I believe the high temp yesterday was 111ºF. :sun::p Note that my Triumph is appropriately socially distanced from the others. ;)
    IMG_9369.jpeg

The bike closest to mine was a very raked out chopper with a massive rear tire. Check it out.
    IMG_9364.jpeg

IMG_9377.jpeg

Here's my completed bike waiting in the breezeway. There were only two things added today--saddlebag guards which had been on backorder for nearly three months and a new horn cover to replace the stock one.
    IMG_9380.jpeg

Mr. Sandi assessing the (nearly) finished product. He approved. :):heart:
    IMG_9383.jpeg

I had saddlebag guards on my two previous H-D touring bikes (a Road King and a Road Glide) and really liked how--in addition to the obvious protective function--I could used them to loop the straps from my travel bag around them very conveniently.
    IMG_9388.jpeg

My two bikes tucked nose to tail safely back in their little garage. :):heart:
    IMG_9392.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  17. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Very nice Sandi, :cool:have you named him yet?:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You know, Dartplayer, no I haven't. And I really don't know why! I've never named any of my motorcycles. I've wanted to and I've tried, but have not been able to figure out good names for them. The closest I came to naming one of my bikes was calling my H-D Low Rider S (an all blacked-out model) "Angus" after Angus Young from AC/DC. I'd had black bikes before the Low Rider but when I bought it I hadn't had one in awhile. So I'd always joke that I was "Back in Black"--hence the Angus connection. But try as I might, I'd never think to call the Low Rider Angus and would simply call it "my Dyna". Go figure........

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Maybe the burnt orange made me think of OCC Paul Tutill, as Mo popped into my head when I saw him :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    #500 Thripster, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    What about Physalis or Phyl for short? Same orange colour and has that frisson when anagramising the name to Syphalis to give that tension?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1