Featured The Other Triumph

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wire-Wheels, Nov 7, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #61 Wire-Wheels, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    Thanks for the kind words Sandi T. Liam is only 8, but a real gearhead, like all the men in this family. Moving along with this project. This week was rainy and nasty so I spent some time working on electrical upgrades. I installed a second fuse panel and will be rearrainging some of it's wiring in coming days. The original car only had 4 fuses, and one they left unused for the owner to add a radio. I added 6 more fuse slots and removing some of the electrical mistakes made by previous owners over the last 51 years. I am afraid that will be an ongoing challange going forward. I also dicovered its brake booster was defective, so I ordered a brand new one online from 6parts. Pricey, but totally necessary for our safety. . ...J.D.

TR6 Aux. Fuse Panel.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad to know that Liam is starting early, JD. I'm sure his granddad is a good influence. ;):) Nice to have a project when it's rainy. I don't have any projects for a rainy day since I don't know squat about wrenching! So I tend to get "a bit" cranky on those days since I can't (well, don't) ride in the rain. Not if I have to start out in it and there's no trip attached, anyway.

And....from the sounds of it, this project may well keep you busy indefinitely!

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #63 Wire-Wheels, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    Sandi T: I have been struggling with depression for some time now. Work like this seems to be the only cure for me. I have been retired for a number of years. I have to stay busy. Thank God I have been blessed with the resources to buy a project now and then and do things like this. Also thankful for a very kind and understanding wife. I should have this on the road soon. Barbara and I plan to get some enjoyment out of driving this...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I installed a new brake booster this week. The old one was acting up, and I did not trust it. When I got it off, I looked inside. It was all rusty and damp. Not a fun job as I had to crawl inside under the steering wheel to disonnect everything. I have been aching ever since. .Guess I am getting old. ..J.D.
    1973-TR-6-brake booster.jpg

• Like Like x 2