Featured The Other Triumph

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wire-Wheels, Nov 7, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #61 Wire-Wheels, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    Thanks for the kind words Sandi T. Liam is only 8, but a real gearhead, like all the men in this family. Moving along with this project. This week was rainy and nasty so I spent some time working on electrical upgrades. I installed a second fuse panel and will be rearrainging some of it's wiring in coming days. The original car only had 4 fuses, and one they left unused for the owner to add a radio. I added 6 more fuse slots and removing some of the electrical mistakes made by previous owners over the last 51 years. I am afraid that will be an ongoing challange going forward. I also dicovered its brake booster was defective, so I ordered a brand new one online from 6parts. Pricey, but totally necessary for our safety. . ...J.D.

TR6 Aux. Fuse Panel.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Glad to know that Liam is starting early, JD. I'm sure his granddad is a good influence. ;):) Nice to have a project when it's rainy. I don't have any projects for a rainy day since I don't know squat about wrenching! So I tend to get "a bit" cranky on those days since I can't (well, don't) ride in the rain. Not if I have to start out in it and there's no trip attached, anyway.

And....from the sounds of it, this project may well keep you busy indefinitely!

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #63 Wire-Wheels, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    Sandi T: I have been struggling with depression for some time now. Work like this seems to be the only cure for me. I have been retired for a number of years. I have to stay busy. Thank God I have been blessed with the resources to buy a project now and then and do things like this. Also thankful for a very kind and understanding wife. I should have this on the road soon. Barbara and I plan to get some enjoyment out of driving this...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I installed a new brake booster this week. The old one was acting up, and I did not trust it. When I got it off, I looked inside. It was all rusty and damp. Not a fun job as I had to crawl inside under the steering wheel to disonnect everything. I have been aching ever since. .Guess I am getting old. ..J.D.
    1973-TR-6-brake booster.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    JD, I suspect that anyone of ANY age would be aching if they had to crawl inside that car underneath the steering wheel! :joy: So don't be too hard on yourself. :kissing_heart: I'm glad you have projects to enjoy and look forward to as well as that wonderful wife. :heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Well, we are just about ready for inspection. I still have some ongoing electrical upgrades I am doing, Just bringing the electrics up to a more modern standard. Those are not needed for it to pass the brake & light inspection. Just stuff I wanted to do. Old man playing with his toys ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I am glad I decided to take this on this winter. As of February 29 we have got 4.75" of rain since the New Year. Most of that has been in February. Nothing else to to but watch the tube, or buy stuff on the internet. Usually we MIGHT get that much rain in a good damp year. So lots of time on my hands. Getting ready to blow in another storm tonight, so I will be out in the shop again tomrrow. Come on SPRING !!! ...J.D.

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #68 Wire-Wheels, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    I am starting to give some thought to selling off my bikes. I am not sure what they are worth. Nothing special. Just old. The first to go would be my 2002 America. Quite road worthy. Just needs a new tire on the front. The rear has good tread, but is pretty old. Still fires right up. Sounds good, like an old Triumph should. ...J.D.

2002 America-2018.jpg

2002 America-2.jpg

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    How have you come to think of selling off your bikes, JD? How are you feeling about that? I know I'll face that one day as well but I have to say that I hate thinking about the arrival of that day. BTW, the America does look good. :) If--when--you sell it I hope it goes to a good home. :heart:

10. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I am not riding much anymore. I am getting up there and traffic here has really gotten crazy. I really do not want to part with that old bike. Simple, very well sorted, lots of nice pieces. But I hate to see it just sit. ...J.D.

2002-Pretech Caliper.jpg

2002-Heel_Toe Shifter.JPG

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Just a closing comment on this thread. The wife and I took our TR -6 out for a short shake down run today. It has been about a 6 month project. There are some bugs to work out. All in all, I am hapoy with it. BTW: She makes awesome sounds, and is a fun project. Thanks for reading. ...J.D. sr.

Test Drive(1).jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm a bit slow with this reply, @Wire Wheels but just wanted to say the car--and its occupants--look great. :) I hope you have lots of fun with it. Thanks for sharing yourTR-6 journey with us!

• Love You Love You x 1