The New Triumph Birmingham East (sutton Motorcycles)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by Richard H, Jul 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone again on here, think I'm actually one of the founding members of this forum but have been absent for the last 3 years with my MT10.

Love the look of the Scrambler 1200 XE so decided to try out the new Triumph dealership at Tamworth to get a test ride. At the same time I dropped my wifes Street Triple with them for new chain and sprockets as I was also interested in what the service side there was like.

Sutton Motorcycles from the front looks solely like a Honda dealership but currently the Triumph part is tucked around the back. Come October this area is going to be redeveloped into a dedicated Triumph showroom. Found the manager on the service desk upstairs, Steve, very knowledgeable and helpful and is now going to also sort a quick shifter issue on the Street

The guy who sorted my test ride was also really good, not pushy. Guess I was a little disappointed he said just an hour when I asked how long I could take it for, not long when your deciding if you want to spend over 12K. Anyway I'm happy to report I really like these guys, the dealership is just about 5 mins off the M42 Tamworth junction and will definitely be my closest dealership.

I am seriously thinking of rejoining the fold with the Scrambler (while still keeping the MT10) That 1200 engine was amazingly punchy for saying it's only about 90BHP. Like the size of the bike, I can still flat foot the XE easily (yes I'm huge!) Like the handling on road, love the noise and the looks. The main thing that I didn't like was the seat, I found it too narrow and not supportive enough, it could be a deal breaker for me. Has anyone had one of these seats modified for comfort? The other concern for me is keyless ignition and its reliability, anyone has any issues?? Don't know if it's just me but the fancy dash looks nice but actually reading the small details on the thing is difficult for an old fart like me who uses reading glasses.

Anyway here is a couple of picks of the demo I rode, cheers for now
    FB_IMG_1562018340877.jpg FB_IMG_1562018303121.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Good morning and welcome back to the fold. I'd use the search option for a look around as there have been a number of recent posts about the new Scramblers posted. Best of luck with your decision!

• Like Like x 1