The Click ????

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by keith tookey, May 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. keith tookey

keith tookey Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Brighton
    So someone has mentioned that when I turn the key on my Daytona I should hear a click what is this infamous click ????
    Many thanks

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Turn the key or press the starter? Generally speaking I would expect to hear nothing.....because switching on energises the ignition circuit but pressing/turning the starter energises the starter circuit which makes the relays click.....however, all being well, the click is drowned out by starter and engine noise. An audible click is normally an uh-oh moment.....

3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    New fangled efi :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Next time shes up and running.
    Take it a step back , listen and watch,(film it) then if you have a problem you have a reference of progressions for detailed examination of the elements or structure of the system.
    Sorry that got away from me.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    In general, when referring to the manuals - "With the ignition switch on and the engine stop switch at 'Run,' check for a click at the Starter Relay when the Starter Switch is pressed." If it clicks, connect the Battery positive terminal to the Starter positive terminal with a jumper cable to see if the Starter turns. If it does, you have a faulty Cable, Starter Relay, or Solenoid. If it doesn't you have a bad Starter Motor. If there is no click, you need to disconnect the Starter Relay and go through a test procedure on it.

• Like Like x 1