The Bikers Code

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Tucker 1963, Mar 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

The French used to have, and still may have a ‘Good Samaritan Law’ whereby you can be nicked if you don’t reasonably help someone in need. Obviously you wouldn’t be expected to put ur self in danger but ignoring someone having a heart attack on the bus would get you (potentially) in trouble.

With all the stabbings and scooter related crime in London maybe people are afraid to go near bikers...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ElectrAbigail

ElectrAbigail Someone to reMember

Aug 18, 2018
    Netherlands
    1967....men.... to bad I wasn't born yet, but it sounded like a lot more fun and safety for a biker back in the days :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    _20190321_174645.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#65 Cyborgbot, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2019
    Or they might ride a Harley, in which case you would ride on past. Being polite you’d give ‘em a wave...

Can’t stop every five minutes to help a Harley rider - heck, you would never make any progress.

Edit: I don’t know why I joke about HD riders as I am the only Brit bike rider in our regular group. Everyone else ride HD’s of one awful description or another.

They don’t break down as often as I suggest, although the riders themselves have a tendency to a) forget their wallet for breakfast, b) need to stop for a pee at every other service station (on a good day), c) bale out of a ride if there is so much as a teeny cloud anywhere on the horizon, or d) put diesel in their tank... well HDs do sound and handle like tractors.

Great guys.

If you are wondering, A thru D are all true.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1