The 1050 Tiger For A European Trip??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rimbo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Hi all

I've an up and coming (September) 10 day European trip coming up with some friends and I don't want to whack the mileage on my Speed Triple, nor do I think it would be a great tourer to be honest, especially if the weather's not kind - I'd be more concerned about getting my bike covered in crud than actually enjoying the trip!!!

So my current thinking is to buy a 1050 Tiger (looking at about £4.5-£5k) for the trip and then sell it afterwards.

The ones for that sort of cash seem to be reasonably high mileage (25k and above). So a couple of questions:

1. is this mileage ok for this bike? Can they handle high mileage?
    2. are they reasonably easy to sell - if I keep it, I'm pretty certain my current wife will become my ex-wife as I've got two other bikes already!
    3. Anything I should particularly look out for - a TriumphRat forum member suggested trying to find one with factory luggage - noted.

Thanks all and have a great Friday

Cheers

2. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi, I had a 1050 Sport (2013) and it took me into europe numerous times. Decent tank size, relaxed riding position and smooth, perfect for touring.
    I wouldn’t worry about the mileage, there are plenty of high mileage examples for sale, but I would probably check the service history.
    They seem to sell quite well, even decent high miles bikes don’t hang around in dealers for too long.
    Factory luggage would be a bonus, I just had a rack and soft luggage secured with rok straps.

They are great bikes, I have a Scrambler 1200 and am thinking of going back to a Tiger Sport.