The 1050 Tiger For A European Trip??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rimbo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Hi all

I've an up and coming (September) 10 day European trip coming up with some friends and I don't want to whack the mileage on my Speed Triple, nor do I think it would be a great tourer to be honest, especially if the weather's not kind - I'd be more concerned about getting my bike covered in crud than actually enjoying the trip!!!

So my current thinking is to buy a 1050 Tiger (looking at about £4.5-£5k) for the trip and then sell it afterwards.

The ones for that sort of cash seem to be reasonably high mileage (25k and above). So a couple of questions:

1. is this mileage ok for this bike? Can they handle high mileage?
    2. are they reasonably easy to sell - if I keep it, I'm pretty certain my current wife will become my ex-wife as I've got two other bikes already!
    3. Anything I should particularly look out for - a TriumphRat forum member suggested trying to find one with factory luggage - noted.

Thanks all and have a great Friday

Cheers

2. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi, I had a 1050 Sport (2013) and it took me into europe numerous times. Decent tank size, relaxed riding position and smooth, perfect for touring.
    I wouldn’t worry about the mileage, there are plenty of high mileage examples for sale, but I would probably check the service history.
    They seem to sell quite well, even decent high miles bikes don’t hang around in dealers for too long.
    Factory luggage would be a bonus, I just had a rack and soft luggage secured with rok straps.

They are great bikes, I have a Scrambler 1200 and am thinking of going back to a Tiger Sport.