Featured Thank God For My Soundbomb Mini

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by B with Speed, Oct 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. B with Speed

B with Speed Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2020
    Denver Colorado
    I just replaced that pathetic, squeaky little apologetic stock horn on my Speed Twin and I’m so glad I did!

I’ve been riding since the 80s without an accident, so I’m used to having to read everybody else’s mind on the roads. Lately though, it sure seems like we are totally outnumbered by all the drivers not paying attention, blatantly reckless, running stop lights, stoned dumbasses changing lanes without looking, you name it.

The Soundbomb Mini is so much better than any other bike horn I’ve heard. A long blast definitely wakes up those morons who are trying to kill those of us riding motorcycles and trying to avoid their careless arses.

Also, it was a super easy plug and play install in only about Five minutes. I couldn’t be happier with this great little unit.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    B with speed
    Agree with you. What i try to do is find a late seventies or eighty's bike as the horns were far better than today's.
    Regards
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B with Speed

Aug 17, 2020
    Denver Colorado
    And the seats were so much better on those bikes made back then! I could ride all day on just about any motorcycle and not have that sore arse that every new bike will give you

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    B With Speed
    In agreement again. Seems back then they cared about the riders. Today they want you to spend another three hundred odd pounds for a comfortable ride.
    Regards
    Joe.

5. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Tell that to kids these days...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Octoberon
    What are we telling them. Kids don't ride motorbikes any more unless they got rich parents or they are illegal.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Octoberon
    Sure thing
    Joe.

9. B with Speed

Aug 17, 2020
    Denver Colorado
    Well, modern bikes definitely are better in just about every way, but I don’t understand why they give them such awful seats. They must know that we actually sit on them in order to ride, right??? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    just thought I'd say I got the reference straight away I've got the album with that sketch on amongst others.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Thx for the vid! Good stuff. And like $30? That’s well spent.

Say B, check out Arton Works gauge faces for the Speed Twin. The best hundred bucks you are going to spend this year. :)

And only a little more work to install than that horn. Why don’t manufacturers just give us decent horns? How hard would that be?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Highwayman Nico

Highwayman Nico Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Denver, CO USA
    Thanks for the post B. I almost hood-surfed over a blue jeep this afternoon in Travis Gulch. Literally drove right at me from the left. Less than 24-hrs and only 48 mi into my (new to me) Speed Twin but luckily I was able to dodge right. Once I calmed down, I said ok, time for a real horn.

• Like Like x 3
  13. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    They can help, but you know vigilance is the key.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1