Tiger Explorer Tft Screen Failure

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by segdude, Jun 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    Whilst riding recently my TFT screen just went of, completely blank/black. The screen height adjuster worked (it was set on this option) so I figured it was nothing too serious. I'd not jolted it or gone over a pot hole or anything. After 15 to 20 minutes it came back on. When I got home I stopped and turned everything off, and re started the bike. as I did, the screen just showed a series of grey/black lines, then went creamy colour and slowly came back to normal. I've shown it to my local dealer, and have a couple of videos of the issue. They have put a warranty claim in to Triumph UK. lets see what happens.

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Oh dear :(
    Hopefully you get it sorted out mate :)
    Let us know what happens :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    I had a phone call yesterday from my dealer saying they had received a new TFT from Triumph and could fit it this Thursday. As the bike needs to be serviced that’s good timing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Triumph can sometimes deliver great service on faults :) and sometimes shite on others :mad:

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed :cool:

6. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    yes, I was a little worried they might try and argue saying it was something I had done, but to be fair, no quibble, no argument they've turned this around in about 10 working days. I did ask if they had released the navigation module yet, and said I'd pay for that but my dealer does not think they will continue with this on what is effectively an old model/system, concentrating on the newer Tiger 900 version (which I assume will be on the new Explorer).

• Like Like x 1
  7. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    To be fair, I supplied two video's of the issues and the dealer had seen the bike whilst the problems were manifesting themselves, so really should not be anything to question. I do agree though, it does make you think, especially as they have two new style screens out now (scrambler/Rocket and Tiger 900 versions). Have they realised there's an issue with this particular one?
    The bikes being done tomorrow afternoon, so I think I'll ask how much the new TFT is, just in case I need to save up for another one when the warranty runs out :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    You will likely need a mortgage :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    So had the screen fitted today, and I asked the price had I needed to purchase it. £1075 + fitting…..gulp! I think I'll start saving for when the warranty expires.

• Like Like x 1
  10. segdude

segdude New Member

May 24, 2017
    Kennington, Kent, UK
    So had the screen fitted today, and I asked the price had I needed to purchase it. £1075 + fitting…..gulp! I think I'll start saving for when the warranty expires.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Just as I thought, that is an eye watering cost.....

• Agree Agree x 1