Textile Or Leather Jacket On A Bonneville?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by DavidBrownLaw, Jul 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

I must say that I tend to look at Triumph's clothing prices, scream and then go elsewhere and buy for less. It's not that I'm tight, well OK it is a bit, but I feel as if they are taking the mick with their gear prices.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I agree, but I've managed to pick up both my Triumph jackets new for about 50% of RRP which makes them an acceptable price to me, and I'm pleased with both.

• Like Like x 5
  3. T0pcat

T0pcat Member

Oct 24, 2018
    UK
    My old Triumph old Italian style leather jacket if the sun's out. My Rukka Textile suit if it's wet or cold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavidBrownLaw

DavidBrownLaw Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    My problem is size as much as style. I need at least a large tall (in U.S. sizing), sometimes an extra large tall. The tall is the hard part. Good jackets in tall are hard to come by. And, in leather, I want brown. Combine that with I’m shopping in the states and my options are seriously reduced. Oh. I’m cheap too. Oh, not that cheap. But I’ve purchased cars for less than some of these Leather jackets cast.

5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe?

www.triumphfactoryoutlet.com

CA861F05-6AE9-4838-97AB-66CD749EE6DA.jpeg
    E50EEB2B-6C00-46F7-8EF7-EC14D9E3FF11.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    Sadly, no. My arms are too long. I definitely need a long. The XL might fight my body — I’m really mid-way between L and XL. Some Ls fit , others don’t. I’m looking at Fox Creek Leathers here in the states. At least they ship free to me. And very nice stuff. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    This is what I am considering: [​IMG]It comes in long and they will make one in brown for me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looks very nice, David! I’ve been meaning to ask you if your penchant for brown leather is related to your last name?? ;) Or do you just prefer brown leather?

9. MartyWilson

MartyWilson Guest

I have to admit that I like brown in leather as well. I have a brown version of the 'Brando' style leather jacket and I wish someone did armoured leather trousers to match but I haven't been able to find any in the UK.

10. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I have always preferred brown. It has nothing to do with my name. Originally, I wanted to stand out from other bikers and be different. Funny story: In 1998, my wife and I attended "The Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum in New York. https://www.guggenheim.org/exhibition/the-art-of-the-motorcycle
    While shopping in the gift shop and looking at brown jackets for me, she was shoulder to shoulder with a very large, burly, bearded, fully dressed in black leather and colors, Hells Angles club member. As she looked through the jackets, he leaned over, and said, very softly and politely to her, "These are really hard to find in brown." He had parked his bike on the sidewalk in front of the museum and no one had the nerve to tell him to move. My wife had a delightful chat with him and we still chuckle about it, and the stereotypes of motorcycles.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I went brown too.......

4919337A-E1BE-4F8E-A14E-96A43AE29C28.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  13. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
  14. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DavidBrownLaw

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas
    As I said before, this looks really nice .I worry about sizing a lot because of a lifetime (almost 68 years) of bad fits. Nevertheless, given your comments, I might have tried this, but I'd ordered from Fox Creek before I saw your post. I will keep this in mind for the future. Ride safe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trevor Austin

Trevor Austin Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Northumberland
    An Oxford “Hardy” (dry) waxed jacket In Rifle Green for me. I like the style, the pocket arrangements and the removable thermal liner. It has armour in the shoulders and elbows. Apparently it is also waterproof and sells at a reasonable price.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Adrian Braithwaite

Adrian Braithwaite Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Kirkhamgate
    I have a Truimph Newchurch for sale, it has only been used on two rides and is as new but weight loss means that it is now a little baggy. £150 posted to UK

19. T0pcat

T0pcat Member

Oct 24, 2018
    UK
    I have a 16 year old Triumph leather jacket that was once Black but now very faded. It looks great and paired with jeans is ideal for a rideout on a summers day. For touring and inclement weather I have a Rukka Textile suit.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Whatever the bike, leather all the way :)
    This message is useless, I know it.

• Like Like x 1