Testing a Chinese 'real' bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Tigcraft, Mar 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    You'll be fine as long as you don't go over any bumps....there's none of them in the Alps is there?
    Good luck, and I'm sure you'll let us know how the bike copes...or not:cool:

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Leaving those bumps in Yorkshire!

3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    And the Chinese bike expierience continues!!

Ok it's now three weeks short of me buying the bike TWO YEARS AGO!
    Yes I still have it and yes I still love it. The test of time has showed a few faults and it still rides well.
    Since the last posts I've managed to do the alps, The Big Lads place of residence and sunbathing on the Adriatic Sea!

IMG_5896.JPG IMG_5922.JPG IMG_5828.JPG IMG_6089.JPG

I'm now finally servicing it at its not even had an oil change since owning it! The chain was shagged at 3300 miles when I got the bike so I just kept lubing it, now its finally turned to stone at 11,900 miles. There is corrosion on the rear foot stays, slight flakey paint on the wheels, a few more little thing but its still going strong.
    Best thing is these bikes are now £3600 otr and soooo cheap!!

IMG_8976.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Nice to read a reasonly positive Chinese bike experience . Still doesn't give me faith in them yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    If you could get that for under £1800 you can't loose. If you buy a brand new bike of any make there's a better than even chance you'd loose as much just in depreciation.

Tigcrafts's experience shows me that these bike work, yes they have some issues, but don't all bike have 'em?

• Agree Agree x 1