Testing a Chinese 'real' bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Tigcraft, Mar 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Expect yer thought of solderless nipples in yer touring kit. If throttle cable goes jubilee clip round inner cable to throttle rubber will work but I think yer know that trick.

I know a guy selling BIG panniers fer yer tool kit/spares..to get yer to Squires ;)

Keep the reports comin' Tig

2. Keith Inglis

Keith Inglis Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Kings Lynn
    I look forward to your comments Tig ride safe and enjoy your trip,
    I am tempted to go to Scotland this year but if I use the bike you can bet your life it will rain and rain until we get back :-( so er indoors might insist I use the car.
    Keith

3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    No I haven't thought about solderless nipples but it's an idea. Superglue for emergency rubber repair and plenty of the good old faithful cable ties though. Now what can possibly go wrong Pete?..................... Ps btw may treat myself to some quality shocks for the bonevile............

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    BMW by any chance? Tis a nice thing of yours and yes last summer did the Alps on a really ugly bike and it monsooned every second day!!

5. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Be interested what yer go for with shocks, yer maybe read my post elsewhere one of my TEC shocks failed, got it back yesterday quick turnround, no charge even tho out of warranty but...

6. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Read it. I also noticed you posted a pic this week o bike wi agons on, now what's all that about Pete?

7. Recycled Rocker

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    err if it was a pic of showing bonnie seat etc I took them off and put em on mi Harley, bike sold now.

8. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    You posted a pic of it possibly mon/tue on a thread titled 'seat'

9. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Pretty much now into a good 2000 miles since ownership and its become a bit of favourite user for everything as I can abuse it for a number of reasons. It reminds me of a eighties bike where things can be meddled with but also could be left and just rode. Ive been fine tuning the fuel gauage as it was well out. After 100metres from a full tank it immediately drops a marker then on the other end it shows flashing empty whilst having 100miles left.
    IMG_5414.jpg The dodgy unit requiring tweaking.

I also noticed a slight seep on the left hand fork seal which is surprising as I'm lead to believe its KYB manufactured.
    Do I still like it? will I still do the alps on it? YES and YES

IMG_5414.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Keith Inglis

Keith Inglis Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Kings Lynn
    That is very interesting Tig, I might look at one for the next bike and save a load of money please keep us up to date with your testing, I am not surprised about the fuel gauage I could say the same about other main line makes as well.
    Keith

11. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    And today I will be mainly fitting first touring gadget.......
    image.jpg image.jpg This is a bracket I just knocked together to hold a power socket for phone/nav and next to it a volt meter as I plan to fit more needed electrical items and need to stay in control over power usage oh and to hold the tailor made RAM mount in central position

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    Neat and practical job:cool:.....I am following this post with interest, and so far it seems you have a lot of bike for the money.....and we shouldn't believe all the criticism levelled at Chinese build quality.....it is certainly improving VERY quickly, particularly electronics

13. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    S
    So, is that what they call a Chinese takeaway, Nice job , where are the chop sticks.

14. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Chop sticks are still to be fitted although will be used for width markers with balls on! Heh heh

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Now when we say electronics are we talking generally or just this one? Eric

• Like Like x 1
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Hopfully thats one thing on the chinese menu that you wont have to tackle again, looking forward to the next dish...

17. camman

camman Member

Jun 7, 2015
    christchurch dorset
    Often the case now that internationally recognised companies set up shop in China, so maintaining quality is now more likely.
    I installed security systems for 30 years and wouldn't have touched any chinese products up until 10 years ago, but most of the best gear is now made in China, and cheaper than it was 15 years ago.:eek:
    Still an awful lot of very cheap crap, but there is no denying their enterprise.

18. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Are we talking there food

19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    My Asus computer is made in China.

20. Havit