Tiger Sport Test Rode A Tiger 1200 Gt

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Older'nWiser, Jul 5, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Older'nWiser

Older'nWiser New Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Knoxville
    Full disclosure, I currently ride a Tiger 850. I got the opportunity to ride a new 2022 Tiger 1200 GT. It weighs a bit more but the weight vanishes once underway. It feels a bit more solid on the highway at 70mph. I think that's the driveshaft being more rigid than my chain drive. The bike is completely programable, down to the turn signal cancellation. ( Yes or No ) The extra power is there from the bottom up. Hang on. It feels ergonomically quite similar my Tiger, which is understandable. Surprisingly, the instrument display is not as programable as the 850/900 Tigers. The tach and digital speedometer are what they are. No options. I would have preferred the display mimic analog gauges, like all new cars. This machine is expensive but more than a match for the GS BMW's and the Harley Panamera, still using a drive chain, tsk tsk. If I was still touring coast to coast, I'd already own one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Older'nWiser

Older'nWiser New Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Knoxville
    Whoops. I should have had Tiger 1220 GT PRO in the paragraph.

• Like Like x 1