765 Test Rode A St Rs

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Cupoftea, Feb 10, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    It will be interesting to see what you guys think of the new machine. What bikes are you currently riding?

2. winrow3745

winrow3745 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Cheshire
    I'm on a classic 2010 Street triple that I've had for almost 13 years.
    I've been all over Europe on it, but it's always been a tad small for me at 6ft2in, & I used to put up with it easier when I was younger. But now it's starting to cause me hip issues, as I'm fairly cramped up.
    I'm also looking for a tech upgrade, so with the 2023 having an IMU, it has ticked my cornering ABS box.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. winrow3745

winrow3745 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    Cheshire
    #23 winrow3745, Apr 5, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    Well I did manage to get out there on the 2023 ST3 RS. Interestingly the salesman said that I'd really notice a big difference Vs my 2010 ST3.
    I have to say, I really disagreed with him. Don't get me wrong the 2023 is incrementally better in just about every way, but the essence of the Street triple is still there but in there lies the rub. For me, the size and ride of the Street triple, just isn't for me anymore as it's even more focussed now and even though there is very slightly more room on the bike, I have to admit I was glad to get off it.
    Don't get me wrong it's a great bike, great looking, great motor and great handling. But just not for me.
    I actually test rode an MT-09SP right after the Triumph and it was like a breath of fresh air. So much more roomy and comfortable, so I've bought an ex demo Yamaha.
    But I'm still keeping my 2010 Street triple though.

• Useful Useful x 1