Ted Spring Kit

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Jells, Jul 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jells

Jells New Member

May 1, 2017
    Essex
    Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has fitted the Tec front progressive spring kit?

Worth the money and effort etc?

many thanks,

Bike arrives Tuesday, going to be a loooong weekend,
    Jells

2. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    I fitted the front fork upgrade kit to my street cup. This includes progressive springs and top pre-load adjusters.

What I did not like about the standard set up was the excessive dive under braking and the spring just seeming to be too soft.
    The upgrade has solved the excessive dive and although still not the best in the world the ride is much improved. The adjusters are handy, and easy to use, to dial in the ride how you like it.

Fitting was pretty straight forward but I did have to take the bars off as they were in the way of getting the springs in and out. Rather than disconnect everything I just lifted the whole lot via a strap fixed to the garage roof. May not have this problem with your bike as the cup has the ace bars.
    One thing to remember, and it wasn't in the instructions, is to slacken off the top yolk clamp bolts as you won't undo the top nuts if you don't.
    All in all I found it a worthwhile upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jells

Jells New Member

May 1, 2017
    Essex

Thanks for that, will; give them a go, not an expensive upgrade,
    I did notice the front diving on the test ride, which would be nice to eliminate,

4. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Very decent upgrade. Certainly made a big difference to my T120 handling. Easy to fit. Only criticism is that the plastic spacers that come with the springs are not great quality. Mine were different lengths and roughy cut, also thinner than the original spacers. I got them replaced by TEC who supplied two of the same length. Despite this criticism they work perfectly well. I am though considering having the original spacers cut down to the length required for the progressives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jells

Jells New Member

May 1, 2017
    Essex
    Hi Richard,

When you fitted the springs did you have to top up any oil, or just remove the
    old springs and let the excess oil drip of as much as possible and then just put the new springs in?

Cheers

Russ

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Jells, being an existing customer of TEC when they saw the popularity of the Yamaha Tracer MT-07 and I bought one they sent me a set to test and report back on.

I found it truly simple change to remove the OE springs and install the new TEC progressive ones with the adjustable spring tops.

I found them to be a significant & worthwhile improvement, and surprisingly when you change the settings you can really feel the difference !! Less dive on braking, comfort improved and confidence through bends much higher.

Well worth the money imo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jells

Jells New Member

May 1, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks for that,

I have the spring kit, but haven't bought the adjusters, do I have to have them or can I just refit the standard top bolts?
    Cheers

8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You can fit the std. tops but honestly you won't get the best out of the new springs without the adjustable ones.

9. Richard Goss

Richard Goss Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Newbury
    Hi Russ

I just let the oil drain off the old springs, I tied them up so I could leave them to drain for a while, before just dropping the new springs in

10. Jells

Jells New Member

May 1, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks all,
    Just ordered a set of top adjusters,
    Anyone know what the torque settings are for them??
    Cheers