Tec rear shocks

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by steve lovatt, Jan 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes, the Hagons were a big improvement over the originals. My first Bonneville was a 2004 T100 and my first "big bike" after passing my test so I wouldn't have known good suspension from bad at the time and ran the stock shocks on that bike.

By the time the second one came along I had a bit more idea and found the standard shocks to be too firm over a series of bumps and not particularly inspiring if this happened in a corner.

The Hagon shocks I managed to get second hand from Ebay from a guy who was returning his bike to stock before selling.

2. Funnyfarm

Funnyfarm Active Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Hampshire
    Hello Jason, I have the Hagon 2810 shocks on my 2009 bonnie SE night and day difference for me as bike does not pogo around in the corners anymore keeps a good line even if it's an undulating road surface.

3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Hello Jason,

Another endorsement for Hagon 2810's I fitted them to my 2006 Bonneville T100 and they made a considerable improvement to the suspension

4. Jason L White

Jason L White New Member

Mar 5, 2021
    London Ontario Canada
    I was actually asking about the Tec Shocks and was curious how much of an upgrade they were from stock. I have no doubt the Hagon's are better ( I hope so at that price point )

5. Funnyfarm

Funnyfarm Active Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Hampshire
    Sorry, I'm not sure about the TEC shocks but have heard some bad reviews regarding quality hence I didn't buy them, I would save up and buy Hagons and keep the stock shocks for the time being. Hope this helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hybrid81

Hybrid81 New Member

Sep 28, 2018
    Delaware
    I have TEC shocks on my Speed2. They’re not great. Beating able to quickly and easily adjust the springs is nice, but the ride isn’t really improved. I primarily bought them for the adjustment and the color (black).

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    havent changed any shocks on mine rides just like the 59 Bonney its surpost to copy. bit rough but ok