Tec Pre-load Adjusters

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by TriBriBon, Sep 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    #1 TriBriBon, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Thought I'd pop this on here before resorting to eBay.

I bought a pair of progressive fork springs recently and on a whim also purchased a Pair of TEC Pre-load adjusters.
    I've fitted the fork springs and am very happy with the result so I'm not going to bother fitting these.
    I have unpacked them but they haven't even been in the garage so they are as new.
    I believe they are made for TEC by YSS.

NOW SOLD.

Photo's borrowed from TEC site but if you'd like any of the genuine article just shout.

Below is the sales pitch from TEC site.

Ride Safe.

TBB. ( Dave. )

A pair of TEC Brand CNC alloy fork pre-load/ride height adjusters. Black anodised finish.

These are a direct replacement for the fork top nuts.

Allows you to easily and quickly to carry out fine adjustment of the front forks and upgrades your forks up to Thruxton spec.

These will fit all models of Bonneville, T100, Thruxton, SE and Scrambler.

The Kit includes 2 x fork top adjusters and 2 x sealing O rings

MDQ4NTcyNjUyQTY2MDY3M0FEOUM6MmZhNzdmZTUwYWQ3OGU4YjRjNmUzN2ZhNjZmNTM3YzI6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

MDQ4NTcyNjUyQTY2MDY3M0FEOUM6NWI2OTFlNWIwY2E5N2RlNDQ1ZjBkM2Q3M2IwZDdmZDA6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

MDQ4NTcyNjUyQTY2MDY3M0FEOUM6NzcyN2RkNGZjNGJjODZhYmNhMmE5YmY1NzliMzVlNTQ6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It'll be like winning the lottery for someone saving £5 off the current brand new price from TEC. ;)

3. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    This is true Mick, but I could also have put them up at £40 and charged £6.99 P&P as TEC do. Please say if it offends you and I'll take them down and let them gather dust on the shelf in the garage ;)

Edit, I've just noticed your location, :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #4 MickEng, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Like it, not offended in the slightest. :p
    Having upgraded my fork springs about 6 months ago I checked the TEC adjusters out but like you was satisfied with the result as standard.
    If I'm not mistaken they were only abou £32ish back then ?
    (I don't doubt for a minute what you have paid for them)
    If you don't manage to sell them for what you want I would be tempted to fit them anyway (for looks) seeing as you already have them, but it will mean shortening the spacers to suit.
    They go well with the chrome headlamp brackets.

5. TriBriBon

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Morning Mick,

No worries this end, I took your remarks as meant, just a bit of banter :cool:

They've gone up a bit in price since you last looked, £49.99 + P&P.
    I won't fit them hence the offer of the sale.

TBB.