America Tec Gas Shocks

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Broon, Aug 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    I was on a ride as Well when mine let me down, I ended up with no damping resistance at all, just the spring trying to bounce me off the bike !!! Tec told me I hadn't primed them before fitting and asked me to do them again before sending them back, I did exactly what it said on the fitting guide leaflet that was in the box before fitment and again as advised but they were still a load of crap and had to be sent back by parcel force at my expense

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I don’t have a problem with Tec as the guy did as much as he could and I’ve bought other ‘value’ parts that have been good. It’s just the shocks

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Once bitten twice shy

4. Jockstew

Jockstew Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Bridge of Weir Scotland
    Jt
    I wasn’t really looking for new shocks until I seen Del Boy’s video. I had spoken to a few people and decided I wouldn’t really be able to tell the difference, but when I saw the price I thought I would try them .Until they failed it was a bit smoother but not enough that I will be replacing the stock shocks again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard Craven

Jun 2, 2018
    Scarborough
    I have covered 8,000 miles on TEC rear shocks with no problems. I made sure the lock nuts were tight before fitting and check them occasionally. Firmer ride than standard but much more composed on bumpy corners. Thought I would try them at under £100 before lashing out on Fox or Ohlins but don't see and reason to spend more with my type of riding.

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Tec shocks are a pile of shit and a complete waste of money, they're no improvement on the standard shocks that are fitted, at least the standard ones stay in one piece.
    Why compromise with shit like that when Hagon shocks will build a pair to suit your requirements.

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Tec shocks are a pile of shit and a complete waste of money, they're no improvement on the standard shocks that are fitted, at least the standard ones stay in one piece.
    Why compromise with shit like that when Hagon shocks will build a pair to suit your requirements.