America Tec Gas Shocks

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Broon, Aug 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Broon

Broon New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Southampton
    Has anyone fitted a set of TEC gas shocks to their America ? If so, how do you rate them ?

Cheers

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Not an America but a T100 Bonny. I thought they were great, for the money.

3. Broon

Broon New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Southampton
    Found a picture of an America with them fitted
    Fair comment but to be honest I have panniers fitted so you’d be hard pushed to notice. Also saw an image of them fitted to an America and actually thought they looked nice ... with the added benefit of no pogo effect whilst riding !

4. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I have a pair on my 2006 Scrambler. They are a good addition, although the main reason for the swap from stock was to lower the bike to fit my short legs! I would do it again.

5. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I would rather fit Hagon (British) than Tec (Chinese) heard of Tec breaking from somewhere:blush:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Did one actually snap, or did it come undone ? I know when I fitted mine (with the extension piece) you had to make sure both parts were tightened sufficiently to avoid the half connected to the rod piston turning and eventually coming undone.

7. Broon

Broon New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Southampton
    Appreciate all the feedback and now not so sure about the TEC units. Has anyone fitted Hagen 2810’s to their America ? Also wondered about fitting slightly longer shocks to raise it and hopefully improve ground clearance on cornering as forever getting that horrible grinding sound when the plates touch down.

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Hiya, I fitted a pair of tec shocks to my 2006 Bonnie, they were terrible, so bouncy, no damping and the rubber bush/ sleeve fitment was not up to standard. I sent them back, got a refund and bought some excellent adjustable gas shocks from " Burton Bike Bits " and received them the next day

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Hiya, I fitted a pair of tec shocks to my 2006 Bonnie, they were terrible, so bouncy, no damping and the rubber bush/ sleeve fitment was not up to standard. I sent them back, got a refund and bought some excellent adjustable gas shocks from " Burton Bike Bits " and received them the next day

10. Allan StreetTwin

Allan StreetTwin New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Wiltshire
    I can't fault Tec shocks. So much better than stock on my old Street Twin, and at a bargain price. Jason can be rebuilt, but come with a higher price.

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Well the " tec shocks" that were sold to me were just dangerous and made the bike unridable, I won't be buying any other tec products, it's " Burton bike bits " for me from now on

12. Jockstew

Jockstew Active Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Bridge of Weir Scotland
    Fitted them to my Bonnie just before the Scottish tour ,inside the first day one of them had lost all of its gas left the bike totally unrideable l had to leave the group and limp home to change back to the stock suspension ( really need to send them back)not much of a bargain if they don’t work.

4BE48942-EF71-49CD-B57A-F0F86CEFB08E.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    That is more or less what my tec shocks were like, total crap and they still sell them

14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    The roads in staffordshire moorlands are bad enough to ride on with the best rear shockers fitted, all bikers should stick together and make a stand against the state of our roads, there's so many pot holes and low grids to avoid its unreal.
    we are fast becoming a 3rd world country,

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Broon

Broon New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Southampton
    Had a look at the Burton site but didn’t see anything listed for the America.

16. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Agree, avoid anything made by TEC unless you want to get the Dremel out to make it fit.
    Buy Hagon, they will build them to your weight. A very good company to deal with for tech support........ Unlike TEC:(

17. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Totally agree, can't go wrong with Hagon shocks, maybe a little more money though if your on a tight budget

18. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    I only have bonneville T100's but understood they were the same as America, well that's what tec told me anyway !!!

19. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Leek
    Nothing more needs to be said after observing dozers dad's last statement on the Tec aftermarket products.
    Time would be better spent trying to get the local council's to mend the pot holes and raising the horrid steel man hole covers to the level of the road surface, what is the point in resurfacing the roads without raising the covers first

20. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    It was mine that collapsed and fell apart actually on a ride. (Pictures on here many posts again) TEC. Replaced one shocker but all they are fit for is the bin as they just don’t work. Mine are adjusted up to the max and still bottom out and gives a harsh ride send horrible shocks up my spine

• Informative Informative x 1