Tec Fork Preload Adjuster

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JD_Lincs, Aug 3, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JD_Lincs

JD_Lincs Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    I ordered all round suspension from TEC for my new Street Scrambler. I've watched multiple YT vids showing them being fitted and was confident of what to expect. Although I've done a lot of bike servicing and repairs in the last 24 years, I've only done one fork strip and servicing, so I'm not exactly knowledgable on the subject.

The fork preload adjusters with the kit are different from what I was expecting, though they are the ones shown on the website, I just hadn't noticed they were different from the ones in the vids I'd watched.

This is the item in question (you can magnify the image by clicking on it):

https://www.tecbikeparts.com/produc...win-900-2019-on-new-street-scrambler-2019-on/

So I was wondering exactly how I know how much preload I've put on them - is it purely from counting how many turns? If that's the case, I'd prefer the ones in the videos, which I'm guessing these replaced as they are better. They were easy to adjust and it was easy to get the two sides the same without having to count and remember how many turns you've done. Maybe it's done another way?

Edit: just thought - it will probably be clicks like my Fazer was?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JD_Lincs

JD_Lincs Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    Unfortunately I can't delete this post - would an admin do that for me, please?