Tail Tidy speed triple 2016 R

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Base, Jan 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Nice one mate, I think I'll add those to mine as they look really good.
    As does the seat cowl........still waiting on mine from the dealership. Been waiting for 2 months now. It's getting ridiculous!

3. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I was lucky with the cowl - Lee at JL ordered it and it arrived next day. More carbon will go well with your cans...wallet time again ;)

4. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    I've just got off the phone to JL. I was told would be in stock on 14th April when I ordered the bike in early March. Thats has now changed to the end of May!
    Tempted to try some other dealers!

5. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    It doesn't hurt to shop around, but maybe there's a general shortage of them as I'd have assumed they come from the same place. Hopefully you'll find one in stock somewhere.

Then get the pillion pegs off, for a really clean look and uninterrupted view of your SC cans :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just ordered the Evotech Tail Tidy and short brake/clutch levers

Now for the cans,

• Like Like x 3
  7. Danny mc

Danny mc Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Just had my evotech tailtidy delivered to dealer along with oil guard for my 17 plate,there fitting triumph rad guard,used evotech a lot over years and it may be a little dearer than R&G but it's deffo better quality :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Today I collected my seat cowl from JL Triumph. When I got home I fitted it to the bike but there seems to be a slight difference in the Grey paint compared to the rest of the bike.
    Anyone else had this issue??

I've added a couple of pics to see if you agree, although it looks slightly worse when you are stood next to it as the light on the photos doesn't show it that well.

Not sure if this is a one off and worth contacting the dealers about it, or if this is fairly normal.

Mick

IMG_3421.PNG

IMG_3422.PNG

9. Danny mc

Danny mc Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Liverpool
    Haven't seen any in the flesh but was thinking of one myself,that is quite a difference in colour mate,I'd be letting dealer know and ask for a replacement? Shame cos it's a nice looking cowl,hope you get it sorted

10. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Mine has a slight colour difference, although not quite as marked.

It annoyed me to start with, but as it's behind me and I can't see it, I've managed to get over it ;)

2017-03-31 18.10.08.jpg

Time to get your rear pegs off now...it's lovely and clean looking without them.

11. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they suggest. I'd probably get over it in time but when you've spent over 12 grand on a new bike I think the bloody paint should match!

As for the rear pegs.......completely agree with you although my mrs has recently been jumping on the back so bit awkward really.
    I should make her get her own bike!

• Like Like x 3
  12. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Mmmm - I can just hear them saying that the £12,000 bike is fine...it's the £130 cowl that doesn't match.

Shame about the pegs, but if it's a choice between them and your marriage!

You and I need a cup of tea up at High Beech some time...our twins would look great parked up :)

2017-03-31 18.08.19.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. ScreaminWargasm

Feb 25, 2017
    Essex
    That sounds like a plan mate. Having looked at the pic of your bike, it certainly looks much better without those rear pegs. Shows off the single swing arm!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    My seat cowl and fuel tank plastics are different, as were all the others in the showroom :-(

15. Matthew Upshall

Matthew Upshall Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Reading
    #55 Matthew Upshall, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    I can't help but think the rear pegs would save the twin cans in event of a slide off?

Thinking of getting a cowl and the evotech tidy but the tidy is out of stock!

I am keeping my rear pegs on just in case!

Matt

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Evotech tidy is worth waiting for :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    I can only agree with you Matt.

I dropped my bike when it was a week old :eek: at a mini roundabout. A driver approaching from my left changed his mind about where he was going (but not his indicator) and after starting to execute his exit, swerved back on to the roundabout as I pulled away. We both stopped OK, but then we had the 'you go, no you go' moment...and so we both went at the same time :confused:. I stopped almost immediately, but my foot slipped on loose chipings and I let the bike down - fortunately very gently.

It rested on the rear peg and the R&G engine case slider (best £35 ever spent). The only damage was some scuffing to the slider (which sanded off) and the tiniest abrasion to the rear peg...which disappeared under a dab of greyish paint.

On that basis, I left the rear pegs on the bike until my curiosity got the better of me and I removed them. It's not sensible, but neither are a lot of things about motorbikes ;)

18. Appoooh

Appoooh New Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Sydney Australia
    Am struggling with parts 4 and 5 in the installation manual.

How do you remove the star washers (the instructions say to cut them). I tried to get under them using a flat head screwdriver but was unable to.

Also the lower bolts in part 5 just spin in their sockets. How do you remove them without a Dremel?

Many thanks,
    David

IMG_20170603_142303073.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Hi David
    The spring clips act like barbs once they are pressed on,
    going from the underneath will tighten them onto the shaft, you should be able to get in between the clips with a small screwdriver or bradawl and prise the clips upwards working your way round one by one.
    You should be able to reuse them if they do not get too bent in the process.
    As for the nut and bolt issue, you need to hold the bolt by its thread with soft jaw pliers while you turn the nut.
    Try not to damage the thread whilst holding or it will make it difficult to remove the nut past the damaged thread.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Woa Shamrock

Woa Shamrock New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Norfolk England
    I carefully used a junior hacksaw on the washers to split them then helped them off with a pair of snipe nosed pliers. Can't remember any issues with the bolts in part 5 though. Soz.