T595 Starting Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Paul Jessop, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Paul Jessop

Paul Jessop New Member

Jan 20, 2024
    Blackwood South Wales
    My t595 will not start. I took it to a garage to get the chims done and all okay but noticed it would start cutting out on low revs or when the clutch was pulled in to change gear. Decised to do a full service (spark plugs, filter etc) put a new battery on and then it would not start. Rang garage who took it back and had for 2 months, not sure they knew what they were talking about as they kept coming back with different problems. they did replace starter motor. I have checked the sprang clutch and will only turn one way. Put diagnostic on it and reads injectors and coils? When turning the bike on all works, fuel pump priming ect, sounds as if it is turning but not firing. Now at wits end as I love this bike. Can anyone please advise what I could look at next?

2. Mini

Mini Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Australia
    Hi Paul, they are strange old girls these daytonas, I had a similar experience and it turned out to be the neutral light switch, maybe check the cluch and side stand switch as well, let us know how you go. Mini

3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    OK so it was working before the garage (use that term loosely) had it the first time and they did the shims. Check the battery voltage again should be around 12.5 v or so, then press the starter to see if the voltage drops down lower than 12v. Check battery terminals are clean and tight. The cutting out on low revs could be the iacv hoses breaking down, replace with 6mm vacuum hose or fuel hose, no need for the valves on the ends. I am assuming they have done the shimming correctly of course as tight valve clearances make the bikes hard to start. Are the spark plugs the correct ones for your bike, i believe that iridium plugs do not work well on these Triumphs , standard plugs DPR8EA-9 are better? Where did you buy them from? EBay has many counterfeit sellers.
    Simple stuff first.