T595 Not Starting?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Stumpy23, Jul 28, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Hi, i have just purchased a T595 on a 2002 reg, it only needed a rear caliper, it has been stood for 8 years with fuel in tank. Flushed tank & changed filter, cleaned fuel pump & pickup strainer. I have had the injectors out & cleaned them & replaced the O ring seals on fuel lines. Its got big juicy spark on all 3 plugs, plenty of fresh fuel & the pump does its thing & hits its presure & waits but bike wont run? Its like its not getting fuel? put some fuel down the body's but still nothing? The fault light is lit when you turn ignition on but i dont know if thats how it should be till it starts, does it go out when its running? New to Triumph so dont know what it should be like. Please Help.

2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I take you mean it's turning over??
    Why was it laid up 8 years ago?
    side stand switch fault?
    Timing wrong?
    Could be anything make a list (least expensive options first)
    and work you way thought it
    fuel
    spark
    compression
    timing
    electrics
    etc

3. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    It turns over, big spark & fresh fuel but not firing, I know you need to pull the clutch in for starting but not sure about side stand (thought that was for when you select a gear with it down & it cuts for safety) have tried starting with side stand up & down & still not running?

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    spark fuel air Try air box for mouse blockage

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Clean as a whistle, its been off & on about 4 times in the last two weeks. The fault light is on when you put ignition on, is that how its meant to be till it starts & does it go off when its running or is it not meant to be on till there's a fault?

6. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Fuel is getting through but it seems like its not getting past injectors, they worked when i cleaned them & put power through them to open them up? There is also power at the injector connectors on the bike.

7. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Will try the side stand switch today?

8. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Will try anything at least once just to see. (suck em & see)

9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    long shot, but leads on the correct plugs?

10. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex

11. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex

12. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Engine check light will not extinguish until bike is running & all ecm checks have been completed. Are the spark plugs wet? Is so injectors are firing. Bit risky & not really recommended but out of desperation you could remove injector rail, connect fuel line & crank to see if injectors are spraying. I would have a fire extinguisher ready just in case & wear safety glasses. Faulty stand switch would stop bike cranking. Check engine compression pref with a proper tester however u could run a crude test using push finger down tube as you crank ((keep hands away from sparking coils or disconnect) you will feel squish, repeat & compare. If feels ok, refit all & crank with wide open throttle. Good luck, keep me posted

13. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    marked them as they came off & they fall in position in the right place.

14. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    I am going to do a bit more on it today, doing a comp test & ill recheck the plugs. might try the injectors off thr bodys to see but im going to check the power at the injector plugs again. Will post if any change. Thanks to all for the help & ideas.

15. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    Just checked the power to injector leads, 4.60v. Battery is at 12.59v. The injectors work when i tested & cleaned them & used an old battery thats at
    Just checked the power at the injector leads, 4.60v & my battery is at 12.57v. When i checked & cleaned the injectors i used an old battery that had 11.20v & they work. What if the electrics are not putting enough volts to the injectors?

16. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex

17. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Have you seen the injector spray pattern? I would get the injectors checked for a healthy spray pattern (no dribbling)
    Have you got suck / squish / no bang obviously / blow, compression?
    Compression good? Spark good? Fuel delivery good? Fuel pressure from pump good? Fuel pressure at rail good? One would assume engine & ignition timing ok because it was running before being laid up.

18. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    You will not get 12v at injectors as they are ECM contolled

19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Have you test the battery under load, what does the reading fall to when turning over?

. Its got big juicy spark on all 3 plugs, plenty of fresh fuel & the pump does its thing & hits its presure & waits but bike wont run? Its like its not getting fuel? put some fuel down the body's but still nothing?

Is the starter engaging?

20. Stumpy23

Stumpy23 New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hull
    The problem is no fuel, injectors not opening but they work on test bench? Power is 4.6v at the leads but its not opening the injectors?