T595 Carb Conversion?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bernie, Nov 9, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Hi all
    Has anyone done a successful carb conversion on any injected triple yet. I think I am about to find out that my ecu is fooked and I reckon the cost involved would be about the same to convert. I would be lot happier with carbs if it is possible. Any info, thoughts or ideas very welcome

2. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Found a set of trident carbs for £125.....

3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Interesting... So would it be a straight unplug old and plug in that one then? I see it has the tune 8118 stamped on it but I have Tuneecu so could 're map if needed....

5. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Don't see why not. I re-flashed my TT600 unit with TuneECU no probs

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    2nd hand ECU is the answer:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Ok guys thanks for that. I'll get that ecu. When I connect to the Tuneecu the whole starting side of the system is not active. I can reset the tps and change maps etc but under Test the stRting zystems are un highlighted. Im worried the ecu has failed when i blanked the alarm. It will be good to see one way or the other with another ecu. Cheers

8. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    from this old boys eyes you would be daft to try to convert to carbs mate. my sprint runs real nice, but I get around 30 to 35 mpg never more, yep mikuni carbs, may be a bit more on keihin tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Yeah I get that sprinter. I got 40-45ish as is and as I want to use the bike 150 miles a week minimum it would cost an extra £400 minimum in fuel per year. I would love to be able to have 2 bikes with an uber reliable hack for work but haven't got the space. I'll change the ecu as a final diagnostic and hopeful fix before the dreaded trailer trip to the nearest dealers which is 20 miles away. I just need it reliable. I love the bike especially with the new riding position and want to keep it and improve it over the years.

• Like Like x 1
  10. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    We ran a T595 with fcr39mm carbs.
    Right fafe but gained 10 bhp. Trouble was no rev limiter so spat shims out a couple of times. Ended up 601 loctite did the trick.
    Dont go there, get another ecu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Tried the other ECU and no difference. Booked it in with Triumph dealer - very helpful so far. Stuck the bike on a trailer and luckily noticed a big crack in the A frame just before we set off!! Took bike of again and called Triumph who said they will send a van to pick it up for £30. Result! Going in on 27th. Watch this space.....

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    long shot ...bent pin in ecu connection???

13. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Did the bike ever run after the alarm removal ? If not this sounds like an ecu lockout of the start systems due to the immobiliser.

14. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Normally when you remove the triumph alarm, you have to plug in a link plug to fool the ECU. these are fitted as standard and removed when the alarm is fitted at the stealer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bernie

Bernie Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Kingsbridge, Devon
    Ok so it does seem to me that disconnecting the alarm may have caused the engine not to start. I have fitted the blanking plug and the alarm was disabled when it was disconnected so not sure how else you would do it. This would also have nothing to do with the original not starting off the button problem.
    I see no reason to all of a sudden have a bent ECU pin but at this point I would rule nothing out. I have also noted that the engine turns over quite slowly off the fully charged battery which is a worry.
    I'm going to let Triumph have a look before I make a real mess of it...

16. Russdaytona

Russdaytona New Member

May 3, 2020
    walsall
    Hi ive got a 98 T595 and i am getting no spark from cylinder 2 ive changed plugs/swapped coils and checked wiring but problem still seeems to be on cylinder 2 i think i have an idea what the isue is but would appreciate a second opinion.

17. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    #17 Helmut Visor, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Hi Russ, and welcome in :cool::cool:
    @Russdaytona You've jumped in on a 3 year old thread, try starting your own thread in this section then it won't get lost ;);)

• Agree Agree x 2