T300 Forward Controls?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by RazMan, Jan 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RazMan

RazMan Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2022
    Christchurch, UK
    I am looking for a set of forward controls for my '96 Trophy and realise that it might be a longshot but does anyone have any idea where to start looking? I can find lots of options for the twins but none for the triples/fours.

2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Without a cradle frame, or even a front downtube, I strongly doubt that you'll find anything propietary for a T300. I imagine it will have to be something you'll need to engineer and fabricate for yourself.

Can only wish you luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    You've got more chance for 'lowered' or 'rear set' if you're problem is comfort due to a long inner leg measurement .
    As @Adie P say's , your going to have to make some yourself !!

4. RazMan

RazMan Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2022
    Christchurch, UK
    Looks like you are right. The lack of cradle frame or downtube didn't stop me fitting a forward kit to my Yamaha XV750. It ran a couple of outriggers from engine mounting points out to the front - works very well.

I might have a look at beefing up the oil cooler bracketry and hang something on there, possibly using the front engine mount for extra strength. It will certainly be a challenge!

• Like Like x 1