T120 Pannier Query

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by learningtofly, May 2, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #1 learningtofly, May 2, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
  2. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @learningtofly: Your link to H&P does not work! Therefore I cannot answer your question!

• Like Like x 1
  3. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Now corrected Markus (and thanks for pointing out the error).

4. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @learningtofly: I just had a look at the link and the detailed installation instructions. In my opinion you can not combine them with the OEM grab rail and rack combo. They use the same screwholes. A combination will not fit under the seat, because the OEM grab rail is a very massiv construction. I am using it without a pannier system. I just attach waterproof motorcycle bags on my seat and the grab rail for short tours. If you have not bought any pannier system yet, I would prefer the H&P-system. With it you are able to carry very interesting bag systems on your Bonnie! I had also a look at the H&P bag/box systems. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks for confirming my own understanding, Markus. Given that I definitely want the OEM gubbins fitted, this is the pannier system I'll go with, then (I've been looking at options for some time now):

Kriega Duo-28 Combo

• Like Like x 2
  6. MightyBoosh

MightyBoosh Member

Mar 29, 2023
    Uk
    Agreed, the Hepco setup looks a non starter. I just bought a pair of those "coathanger" bag supports from Motone and rest assured they're perfectly rigid and capable of doing the job. I went for chrome, don't know if Kriega do a chrome option (if you even want one) but couldn't afford their setup anyway! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks for the reassurance! My T120 is the Black version, so the Kriega set-up I linked to is what I need.

From what I can see, all the pannier options are relatively expensive. The Kriega are just what I want, though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I bought a pair of Motone supports from British Legends for my 2019 Speed Twin. Less than £80 the pair. They fit fine and I've been able to keep the luggage rack and tail tidy too. They do a version B that fits the T120, see https://www.britishlegends.fr/en/pannier-rails-triumph-twins.html?id=250743832&quantity=1

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks, and that's exactly what I'll be getting with the Kriega kit. Same as the Triumph pannier rails and one or two others as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    Good choice - enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #11 learningtofly, Jun 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    Just remembered that I'd started this thread, and left it on the basis that I was going with the Kriega gear. Well, I didn't - I went with the SW-Motech Legend Gear instead.

[​IMG]

There were a few reasons for doing this:
    1. IMO it has the best rail system of anything on the market. it's easy to install, and is almost unnoticeable when on the bike without the bags mounted.
    2. Mounting and de-mounting the bags is a 2-second job - very secure fittings and no straps to faff around with, or leave on the bike.
    3. The bags themselves are, to me, the most appropriate style for the Bonnie. They have a real old school look about them.
    4. The bags come in two sizes. 9.8l for everyday use, and a larger 13.5l for longer rides/part of a tour set-up.
    Having used mine for a while now (I have the 9.8l but may get the larger set too) I absolutely love them. The only thing I'd mention is that they don't come as standard with the shoulder straps, which to my mind is bit cheeky. Other than that - perfect!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Goldline

Goldline New Member

Jun 2, 2023
    Montreal
    I bought a pair of Viking hard saddlebags for $400 U.S. that have decent storage and locks.

IMG_2664.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I had one of the Legend bags on my Rninet - high exhaust meant only one. Great looking bag, easy to secure and remove :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    A real shame Viking doesn't make such bags for the T120.

15. Greasy1

Greasy1 New Member

Jun 29, 2023
    San Antonio, Texas
    I bought a set of Long Ride Racer bags in black. Removable, lockable onto the bike and each individually lockable. NOT cheap, but nothing for Triumph is!

BonnyBag1x.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Very nice indeed!

17. RickM46

RickM46 Active Member

Oct 12, 2023
    US
    LTF, great thread; lead me to look at the Kriega Roll Pack 40 which in turn reminded me of another similar roll pack made by SAC; had one such product from them some years ago for my Harley; hence, I have ordered this one from SAC - makes a good back rest on my T120:
    https://www.coolsac.com/half-sac-deluxe/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Are the SW-Motech Legend Gear bags fully waterproof?
    I've been looking at the Kriega bags....... what made you choose the SW over Kriega?

19. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #19 learningtofly, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    They're made from a waxed canvas (so water resistant) but come with fully waterproof liners.

I chose them because I preferred the style. It's also - IMO - the best mounting system, whether bags are on or off the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    Thanks for the reply. I do agree, they're a good style that suits the bike.

• Agree Agree x 1