T120 Fog/Spot light wiring

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by pasher, Feb 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Have bought a pair of those Cree fog/spot lights, complete with switch and am planning on mounting them on the inside of the crash bars. Might even put the switch on the crash bars as well to save running wires up to the handlebars!!
    So, is there anywhere nearby to pick up the 12v from (post ignition switch, of course)?
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Thanks for the tip @littleade - I was wondering how those three modes where selectable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Let us know how you get on, pasher. I've been meaning to do that mod on my Bonnie (2011) for ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Will do - They should arrive tomorrow but it might be a few days before I get around to fitting them (too cold in the garage atm ;-) ).
    Still no advise on where to pick up the 12v from though - maybe when I lift the tank I'll be able to work it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Any thoughts on this anyone? Have took the seat off and lifted the tank. No sign of any auxillary power socket. Does the T120 have one? Has anyone else fitted any auxillary devices to a T120?
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    OK - Found a 12V ancillory socket under the tank and have wired the spots to it. Was a bit disappointed that the socket is live all the time, not via the ignition switch - will have a think about what to do about that another time.
    But spots fitted and working :)
    IMG_3395.JPG IMG_3394.JPG IMG_3392.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Have just been out for a Sunday morning ride with the new lights glaring. I think a lot more cars that normal pulled over towards the kerb as I came up behind them :)
    I'll reserve the flashing mode for when filtering ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Can anyone recommend a decent switch for these that'll fit the 1 inch handlebars?
    The one that came with the spots has proved to be far from waterproof ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cape Cod Carl

Cape Cod Carl Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Plymouth Ma
    Hi all, plan on doing some lights on my 2016 Bonnie also thanks for the info. If I may ask what brand hand guard /windbreakers are mounted on your bike ? And how was the install ? Have a great day .

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nick Hannam

Nick Hannam New Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Gloucester, GB
    That's where I am considering putting mine. Don't they get hot so close to the exhaust though?