T120 Chrome Rims Rusting On The Inside.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Cupoftea, Sep 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    As I was completely against the Phantoms in their ability to keep me upright I the wet weather safely, I bought a pair of Avons 3D's. What a transformation?
    Bike had then done only 2500 miles and upon removal of the tyre found surface rust all over the inside, nothing outside, looked like new.
    So I put in a warranty claim and eventually it was excepted.
    So if you do low miles and keep the same OE tyre, by the time you go to change them, after the warranty period. It will be too late to claim, just my thoughts!

T120 front rim.jpg

IMG_20200321_125926.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    Out of interest what was their initial argument for not replacing them under warranty?

3. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    I think they just were held up with the reply from Triumph UK, nothing that was causing a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Look just like my 2016 T120's when I pulled them to do the tubeless conversion.
    Not too impressed; but they cleaned up ok although I could see the copper sheen after so think the chrome ain't too thick especially inside.

Felt the same about the Phantoms!! pure sh***, so put a set of Michelin Pilot Activs on and happy so far.

• Like Like x 2