T100r Daytona

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by Walter55, Feb 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    Hi I have a 1973 T100R Daytona .My problem is that I cant get the swingarm spindle out to remove the
    arm for powder coat I have tried heating up the surrounding metalwork but it still wont budge,and as this
    is a full restoration I really need to remove it.:sob:

2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi Walter, i use a old swing arm bolt with the head cut off that can then be used to drift the shaft out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Have sent you a PM as well :)

4. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    P1000787.JPG P1000786.JPG
    I have enclosed a photo of the spindle in question don't want to sound thick
    but I don't know the bolt you are on about

5. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Sorry it's one of the 2 outer securing bolts i use as it screws into the end of swing arm shaft.

6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    The only thing I’d suggest for that is lay it on the side and keep pumping any penetrating fluid you have.
    Leave soaking for a couple of days then heat all the heavy metal, frame and swing arm then as someone else said use a drift to push it out

7. Walter55

Walter55 New Member

Feb 4, 2019
    east of england
    Hi Glyn.Thanks for the advice problem solved :idea:,I got the darned thing out by
    pushing the shaft out on my trusty old quarter ton fly press ,laying it on its side and forcing the thing out with a smaller size pin no heat required. Problem solved..:triumph:.

• Like Like x 1