T100 rear brake pads

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by DGBland, May 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DGBland

DGBland Member

I have a 2015 T100 Bonneville and the rear brake pads will need renewing very soon. I was going to look on line for these but I am not sure which ones to buy.
    Are all the Bonneville rear brake pads the same?They are advertised as brake pads for specific models but I have been told they are all the same anyway. Also which make of pads would people recommend?
    Thanks
    David

2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi David first of all welcome in to the Triumph Asylum - Enjoy !!

Re rear brake pads I would recommend EBC EH rear brake pads - excellent quality without being too 'grabby'.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'd go along with BIGLAD but he might mean HH. If your not sure which type have a look at your old ones they should have the number stamped on them but probably fa214

4. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    +1
    I bought a set of EBC/FA214/HH pads 6 months ago and am quite pleased with them.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Whilst biglad and crispey have a polite argument in the background, welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sorry biggy didn't realise organics were EH, my bad!

• Like Like x 1
  8. DGBland

DGBland Member

Thanks everybody. I have used EBC pads before and they are good. I will stick to these anyway as i ride with a pillion passenger most of the time. Am i rightin thinking all Bonneville model rear pads are the same or are the callipers different for some models?

9. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    I've just fitted EBC rears after trying Goldfren which were rubbish. I only got 1500 miles out of them. The original triumph ones did 4200 miles but are £32 I like the positive 'grab' of EBC and think I will fit them to the front as well. I think you get what you pay for!

10. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Funny you mention the front EBCs. I have them as well, and after about 500mi or so, they started becoming quite noisy. Not "grabby" noisy, but rather purrrrrrrrrring noisy. Read a bit online, other people have complained about it - it's the sound of the disc holes going through the pads. I guess it doesn't happen with the stock pads, because of the middle grooves.

It doesn't bother me anymore, now that I know what it is, but I sure got a bit of a scare when I first noticed it (thought I had a leak or something).

• Like Like x 1
  11. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    EBC pads were fitted to my bonneville and the Trident

12. SamC

SamC Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Hereford
    What's wrong with standard triumph pads? Do they cost more? If there good why change? I'll be putting standards back on the twin when needed there better than the brake on my blade!