T100 - Bar end mirrors

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Mr Toad, Jan 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    They look like serious tool chests om15

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. om15

om15 Active Member

Sep 5, 2016
    dorset
    I used to work on aircraft, now my knees, eyes, memory etc has failed I do stuff on lap tops for a living.
    I have an old BSA C15 to use my Whitworth spanners on, used to be Rolls Royce Dart engines at one time. If anyone is looking for a good top box I can recommend the Beta box, makes the snap on box look flimsy, top quality and really good price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I'm in the process of installing

my new mirrors now. Although I have quite a selection of allen wrenches, I don't seem to have the correct one. Does anyone remember what size I need. If it makes any difference, I have a 2006 Scrambler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Those look just like the ones I have for my Scrambler, just not fitted yet. A good deal at $14 dollars. We'll see how they work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    I have fitted extenders to my standard Street Twin mirrors, they work very well, I like the position of the original mirrors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Hello Steve, Just purchased a 2014 t100 having issues with what I am seeing in them ie arm and road with STD fit mirrors and considering installing similar to your bar end ones, did you experiment in fitting mirrors below handle bars as I have seen these fitted to bikes like this ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Chucked the Mickey Mouse originals, which look poo and don't do what they're supposed to. Fitted Triumph bar ends, which look so much better and do the job. Ridiculously expensive but very well made. Typically you also have to buy the Triumph end-caps to finish the job neatly.

Triumph Forum pics Sept 2019 - 1 of 1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dave Caddy

Dave Caddy Member

May 19, 2018
    Somerset
    #48 Dave Caddy, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Been toying with the idea of changing the mirrors on my 2011 T100 for some time now and have finally taken the plunge.
    Bought some round chrome ones from fleabay (Classic Bike Shop) which I think suits the T100 well. A little bit of work to fit but not to much. Had to drill out the inserts and then tap them to M8. Then removed the expanding sleeve and they bolted straight in. Will fit some stainless penny washers to close off the bar ends and replace the stock bolts with stainless button head socket screws and fit some button heads into the old mirrors holes when I can get to the local fastner supplier.
    The advantage of these is that they rachet in so you can fold them when in the garage.

20200109_195957.jpg

20200109_200041.jpg

20200109_200047.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Smart :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants