675 Suspension Question

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by kiwigh, Jul 22, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kiwigh

kiwigh New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I had a 2012 street triple R which I really loved. Bought it new in August last year and did 1600 miles in two months. Then the new model was launched, and I had to have one. Bought the launch model, fitted new levers and swapped over my quickshifter. The only problem I have, is I cant get the suspension set properly. Spoke to Triumph today, and they are going to swap mine out for a new shock, just in case I have a defective unit. Has anyone else had the same problem?

2. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    You have too much money! (Although maybe not now). Ask Screwball - he had to have his set up.

3. As stock they are set hard to allow for solo or two up riding. You need to back the pre load off front and rear and get the bike moving then start playing with damping. Ideally you need to look at getting softer springs and the rear shock reworked. If you are interested in this I can write more. A reworked working rear shock starts from as little as £150. Well worth the money

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I had mine set up professionally made a great difference.. All my mates have had their bikes done and they have all said its the best money they have spent on their bike...
    Ranges from £60-100... Ride in ride out....

Loads of places that do it and they would be able to confirm If you actually need to change the spring or shock... Most will then do a discounted shock if you buy from them if required...

5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Get the rear spring matched & set up specifically for your weight. Thats what SB did i think. He now has the rear spring off of a JCB on his Speed Triple..... Lard arse! x

• Like Like x 2