Surgery on the Thruxton R

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Giles, Jun 21, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vegan Flea

Vegan Flea Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    If you're able to take a close up picture of the numberplate light, I'd appreciate it. I'll be doing this exact same operation soon and it's always handy to see what other people have done. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there matey,
    The last post on this was sep 18 so you may not get a response to your request any time soon.
    Might want to send a direct message or go straight to a newer thread for a pic?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Vegan Flea

Vegan Flea Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2020
    Norfolk
    Good idea - thanks!

4. dav.a

dav.a Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Argyll
    Just done it. Many many thanks, saved me buying the Evotech one. As you say its an easy job.

5. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    I considered putting a tail tidy on my TT1200 as the original mudguard is of course “old fashioned”, then I stood back and looked at the rest of the bike and thought “hang on, the whole damned bike looks old fashioned” just like Triumph intended eh!, who’d have thought!, a retro model looking old fashioned!!, so I left it alone and now I love it, so don’t be too hasty folks , just because it can be done doesn’t mean it should be done :)
    PS for those that have tail tidied don’t be offended, they look cool too!.

• Like Like x 1
  6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I dont tail tidy anything anymore! I used to but quickly got sick of the dirt and crap thrown all up my back. If I lived in a dry climate then yes :)

• Like Like x 1