Featured Super Bowl Sunday In Southern Arizona: Our Pre-game Shindig

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Sandi T, Feb 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Old dumb arse
    As I've said before, ODA, that new GF certainly does sound like a gem! :):heart_eyes: There are certainly tons of local dives and places to get great hot spicy food around where I live. If you ever get out this way, look us up and we'll give you the grand tour. :) And if you're on bikes we can do that great ride down to the Wagon Wheel Saloon.

Wow, 19 degrees last year and 73 this year. That's a crazy temperature difference for the same time of the year!

2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :):):)

:(:(:(

:sob::sob::sob:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Memories are a beautiful thing, Mark! ;):joy: Hopefully you'll be able to make some new memories soon. :):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Warren71

Warren71 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2019
    UTAH
    sooo jealous - but great pics and glad you could get out and ride.

Lows here have been in the 20s and 7 days of snow in the forecast

Love finding those unique gems on the road, though I half wonder if the point of those is the journey itself.

Ah heck - its all good !!!

enjoy the weather and know were all secretly wishing we were out there with you

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Warren71! I'm sorry to read about your crummy weather. :( Hopefully you'll be able to get out soon for a little moto-therapy. Yes, the Wagon Wheel Saloon is the newest "gem" to add to my list. But you are absolutely right that half--probably well more than half--the main point of our rides is the journey itself. Kinda makes me wish I had a GoPro latched on to my helmet so I could also share the beautiful sights along my favorite ride routes here in Arizona. And this Patagonia ride is one of my favorites nearly "staples" on our ride choice list. :cool::sun::heart:

6. Warren71

May 11, 2019
    UTAH
    my oldest just put ASU on his list of schools to think about ... may give me just the excuse I need to head down that way to arizona

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's cool, @Warren71! But being from Tucson, home of the University of Arizona, I have to say I think your son should rethink his choice of Arizona schools. ;) Like in most states, there is an intense between Arizona STATE University and the UNIVERSITY of Arizona. :joy::joy::joy: I'm also quite partial to the Tucson area over Phoenix.

But either way, the weather right now is absolutely gorgeous whether you're up in Phoenix of 100 miles south of there in Tucson. Hope you enjoy the trip! Would love to hear how it goes and what your oldest decides. What other schools are on his list if you don't mind me asking?

8. Warren71

May 11, 2019
    UTAH

I told him and his college advisor I was surprised by the ASU rec.
    Had friends that went to both including an old gf at Univ of Ariz and always thought that was the more serious school and ASU the party school! May have formed that decision entirely based on which of my friends went where.

I think he's all over the place right now, but is biased to staying in the West.
    What blows me a way is despite a 4.0 and always being hardcore into math and science (acing 10th grade calculus and AP science classes), he is looking to business, law and maybe medicine.

But we've all been 17 .. that can change in a heartbeat

I'm trying to steer him to my alma matter - UCSB. He's had Stanford on his list for a while, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth. ... but he really doesnt have a clue aside from not wanting some small Lib arts school and being solid in those areas.

Location matters little to him. My youngest is my outdoor, surf, snowboard, dirtbike & camping kid. Him, not so much anymore.

Id like to see him in more of a smaller town / college town vs a metropolitan area. Think its a better experience

I dont think he'll think too hard about it till the summer but I've been taking trips with him so he can experience at least the vibe of the places despite this covid crap. Virtual tours are a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi, @Warren71. Gee, I thought I'd responded to this post of your way back when. :eek: Maybe I wrote it and forgot to hit the Post Reply button. :confused: Anyway, any progress on your son's college choices? I'd still lobby hard for UA over ASU and Tucson definitely has a WAY smaller town vibe than Phoenix. But if I were back that age looking at college options and my dad wanted me to consider UCSB, I'd be all over that! :) I love the ocean and there's definitely no ocean in Tucson. Or Phoenix. Yesterday one of my nephews matched with Vanderbilt for an anesthesiology residency. It was his first choice so he's super excited. I've never been to Nashville but Mr. Sandi has good friends who live there. So now we have double the reason to scope it out. It's certainly not the West, though! Please wish him well with his decision from me. It's an important--and exciting--choice! :grinning: