Featured Summer Almost Gone

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by OsteKuste, Sep 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    The last day of the trip was a short one, leaving Maggie Valley via the Smoky Mountains National Park. From there it’s pretty much a boring hour and a half drive back home. So to sum up the trip we drove six hours toward the beach, to be turned away within two hours of getting there. We regroup and decide to do a weeklong driving trip with no permanent plans, finding out what to do literally a day or two ahead. We had no reservations to stay anywhere, but found some really neat places. Not one chain store or restaurant was entered unless you count petrol stations. Result: the wife and I agree it was the best trip we’ve ever had! Thanks for following along, next time I hope to be able to post in a more timely and organized fashion! The lack of signal to upload updates kind of kills your momentum. As a final comment, I feel lucky to have had this opportunity when many are still hurting from what became a monster storm. We should remember to count our blessings.

A couple final pics leaving the Parkway
    040EF61B-5B00-4047-8267-482C4E6158B1.jpeg
    03C4D0A5-E9CA-4391-9471-56D2167AFA16.jpeg
    71E24845-3DAC-4235-8CE5-31558C2EF86C.jpeg
    8233C8ED-60A0-4C09-9F4A-239CB2FEF0AD.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. OsteKuste

Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    A d a last pic of the matching sign at the southern entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We made it!
    31F02986-FE02-4F9D-BF12-226125693F69.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Really enjoyed reading about your trip. Thanks for that mate!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Love those photos from the Wheels Through Time Museum, OsteKuste! I've heard about that particular museum. I think they raffle off a motorcycle every year to raise money for the museum and that somehow the raffle and prize bike are connected to Daytona Bike Week. Or maybe I dreamed that. :rolleyes: Great photos and interesting descriptions. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a terrific thread! Thanks so much for sharing photos and stories of your trip, OsteKuste! How fun that you discovered such amazing places and roads after changing your original plan due to Mother Nature. This part of the U.S. is now definitely on our bucket list. Would you ride all the roads you drove?? Any advice for motorcycle travel in these parts?

Thanks again for taking the time and energy to share your adventures with us!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. OsteKuste

Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Every bit of this trip would be a great bike trip! I looked at every day and vowed to repeat it one day on two wheels. Most of the areas I went through were well used to catering to bike traffic, and all the roads would be a blast to be on. One of these days!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1