Stuff

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Judd Dredd, Nov 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Celery is beautiful, especially when filled with garlic and herb cream cheese.:yum:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Celery is about the only thing I cannot eat - I hate the texture, the smell and the taste. My dad used to eat pounds of the stuff - I can hear him crunching it now (that's another hate - the sound of it).
    You can fill it with what you want, it still tastes like the ground. :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I know a woman who drinks a pint of celery juice every morning. She is a bit strange though, she doesn't eat meat.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Ms S and I had the first of our Pfizer jabs last thursday.

One of my employer's sites is a vacination station and last Thur at 4:30 got a call form a colleague to go over as they were doing anyone that turned up.

Reality was they had some unused shots left at the end of the day they had to use up so were doing anyone they could - people like us, the secority guards that are normally on the site, some contractors who just happened to be working there, etc.

We joined the queue, then a chap walked out, said we've got 35 spare, counted along and we made the cut.

Good to see nothing going to waste in this way. Won't get second shot in 21 days, more like 3 months we've been told.

Won't change our behaviour though as not 100% and might still be able to pass it on. We'll continue sticking to the rules.

DS

• Like Like x 6
  5. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    I know one that drinks a pint of ink every morning, she says it make her right

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Got a call last Thursday, did I want to got to the local GPs ‘Stick em’ surgery on Sunday for a dose.
    Under interrogation I told them I was on a study trial and might have had the vaccine last October, so they cancelled me until we can get my trial unblinded to see if I got a placebo or the real deal.
    Out of my hands now and anyway, my Doc is out of Vaccines for a “Couple” of weeks now.
    Ken.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    :joy::joy::joy: But it does make a good stir stick, Steve. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    There have been lots of discussions around the waste of vaccines. Some waste seems unavoidable due to the storage requirement but under the circumstances, that waste seems unconscionable. And at this point in the vaccination efforts, we've already heard stories about someone just showing up at a vaccination site at the end of the day to see if that can get the shot with a doses that would have been discarded. Seems like a pretty good idea---particularly if you're vaccination group is well down the list.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The celery in that case seems more like just a garlic and herb cream cheese "delivery tool". But it does add a nice crunch to that smooth and delectable cream cheese, Andy. ;):yum

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ah, I responded to littleade's comment prior to reading this post of yours, Doc. Sounds good that folks have figured out how to get the jab into people's arms and not be wasting it. That virus doesn't care what vaccination group we're in so the more the merrier I say.

That's a bummer on not getting round 2 for three months. :( At this point that's my concern about our round 2 shots, too. While we're already scheduled for those, that doesn't necessarily mean the vaccine will be available. But Mr. Sandi and I are hopeful that we'll be able to get it right on time.

We also plan on sticking to the rules. There's enough discussion regarding the lack of knowledge about whether those vaccinated can still transmit the virus to others, etc. that we'll continue wearing masks, social/physical distancing, hand hygiene, and the other behaviors that have (mostly) become habit now.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Members here don’t need extras, they can stir things very easily ;):p
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Right you are about the "car park" being the right place for us 'Americans, littleade! :joy::joy::joy: Especially here in the American West where the car is king. And no, we didn't even need to get out of our car. We took Mr. Sandi's pickup truck, him in the driver's seat and me in the passenger seat. One health care worker administered his shot and another did mine. All we had to do was open the doors and offer up our arms. :) I got my shot in right arm and Mr. Sandi's went into his left. ;)

image.png

image.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, Mr. Sandi and I did comment to one another that the masks that the workers were wearing were probably good for both COVID and car emissions. Fortunately the car park structure is pretty open with some decent air flow.

14. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    upload_2021-1-18_19-47-17.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands will be under curfew from 9pm to 4.30am from Saturday until at least February 9, after a majority of MPs voted in favour of the plan, following a full day of debate.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Netherlands also closed borders. My daughter had a flight booked through Schiphol to Birmingham next monday.
    Flight cancelled by KLM yesterday evening because of the new plan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Like Like x 7
  19. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes Crewe Honda Centre, I know the owner Roger Morris he’s the 3rd generation of the family business.

Roger used to hold charity evenings at the dealership usually on the Thursday evening before a British Superbike round at Oulton Park and Honda would send their riders over to support the event. There would be a raffle and auction for some very good prizes with all monies going to a local charity.

• Like Like x 4