Stuff

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Judd Dredd, Nov 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Anybody not moved by this or by Fergus Walsh's report (from the North London, I think) of two nights ago is very 'hard' indeed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    @Judd Dredd & @DCS222 Is it true that recovered/recovering covid patients have to give three negative covid tests before they are released from hospital ?
    Just asking because I heard this claim on the radio and it was also claimed that this leads to bed blocking as in some cases it can take up to fourteen days for a patient to give three negative results though there was no suggestion that this was large scale.

3. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    #243 Judd Dredd, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

My son just tested positive. Biggest surprise is it took this long really. At least he gets a day off for his birthday tomorrow.....:confused::(

5. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Im guessing he's not in a vulnerable group but nonetheless, get well soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

@andypandy - each hospital Trust is different, having said that they will be acting in line with NHS. England, which a far as I can see doesn’t state 3 negative tests. There are two outlet streams to consider, 1) going home 2) going to a place of care... so discharge rules maybe different for each stream. But basically, any hospital will be reluctant to have excessively strict discharge criteria because they want to clear space for the incoming... I didn’t hear the interview you’re talking about (which Trust was involved) and can’t really speak for any Trust but the one I work for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

All the best to him dude!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    :(
    Hope he recovers soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I hope that his symptoms are minimal and that he gets well very soon, Smilinjack. I also hope that others around him stay healthy including you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It was a caller in to LBC who made the claim about the 3 tests and I didn't catch where he came from but he sounded like a southerner.:eek:

11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Thoughts are with you.

12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi @Smilinjack hope the boy recovers soon without any complications ❤️

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Just heard that my cousin’s 2 (adult) daughters have both tested positive (with classic COVID symptoms) along with one husband. And a work colleague of Mrs figwold is understandably concerned after her husband collapsed while they were out on a walk, and had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance. Diagnosis lung blood clot and COVID.

It does seem to be everywhere at the moment.

14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #254 Sandi T, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Wow, that is certainly concerning, figwold, and yes, it does seem to be everywhere. The girlfriend (R.D.) of a friend and once-in-awhile riding buddy (P.N.) of ours contracted COVID from her son who came to visit from out of state. Subsequently RD's elderly dad and his wife along with her mother all got COVID. Her dad died in the hospital three days ago. :(:weary_face: We know RD pretty well as she's ridden pillion with PN to several rallies that we've done as a group over the years. It seems until the last couple of months that we knew very few people and no one close with COVID and now we know a number who have or have had it, several of whom have nearly died or have died. It has been very bad but not it's really getting ugly. I certainly hope that Mrs figwold's colleague's husband recovers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    In a short time, apart for the ones living in a lost forest, we'll all have someone close touched, sick, or that passed away from covid. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Update: and now they have decided that part of the blood clot went to the brain and caused a mini-stroke too. Partial paralysis of RHS.:(

17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #257 Sandi T, Jan 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Mr. Sandi and I both got our COVID Round #1 this morning. Our appointment was for 10:45am and we both got our jabs at within about one minute of that specific time. All in all the whole thing was quite efficient and stressless. The site we registered for and received our vaccinations at was about a half mile from our house as the crow flies. We left our house at 10am and arrived back home at 11am. We both laughed at the fact that we'd never been so eager to get a shot--and in a parking structure at that. ;):joy:

These were two of the first signs we saw as we entered the queue. The one on the left being in close proximity to the one on the right struck me as somewhat ominous. :eek::joy:

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.07.59 PM.png

We had two vaccination site choices through our school district and chose a branch of the U of Arizona-Banner Medical Center. The actual vaccination site was in a multilevel parking lot. While that seemed pretty weird, it actually worked very well and was arranged in a way that funneled us through the multi-step process quite efficiently. I was going to take a photo or two inside but there were signs prohibiting photos or videos once we entered the parking structure.

Every individual we interacted with to a person was professional and pleasant. The only "blip" in that was the young woman who monitored our 15 minutes post injection period. She was delightful but when she asked us how we were feeling with four minutes to go in our fifteen-minute wait period and we responded that we were doing fine, she launched into a soliloquy about what nasty side effects people were having after the second shot. Thanks a lot, lady...... :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.09.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.16.47 PM.png

When we arrived back home, Mr. Sandi and I agreed that we really felt like celebrating our jabs! He suggested Bloody Marys to toast the occasion. I (of course) quickly agreed. :cool:

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.20.26 PM.png

We also agreed this evening that we feel "different" now that we've received Round One of the vaccination. Mr. Sandi described that feeling well. He said (paraphrasing) that it feels like we've done something proactive now rather than just being passive and waiting it out.

We got the Pfizer vaccine with its 21-day return trip for Round #2. Our appointments were scheduled on the spot during the fifteen-minute waiting period. We're due for our second dose on Monday February 8th. Other than what the gal told us about side effects from Round #2, we're eager to get the second shot under our belts, or rather, into our arms. Arms which are a bit sore this evening. But not as sore as after we got our shingles vaccines a couple of years ago!

• Like Like x 15
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Good to see they didn’t give the Sputnik or Sinovac versions - apparently they’re as effective as the patented Trump Injectable Bleach Tonic.

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Well done Sandi - and I agree about the celebratory drink - but celery no! It's the food of the devil :mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well done to the two of you. Think I will have to wait a few more weeks for mine lol

• Love You Love You x 1